News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Electric Mayhem

Started by televisiondown, January 27, 2014, 12:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

televisiondown

This is Dwarfcraft's The Great Destroyer in a 1590BB with waterslide and clear coat. Still not sure if I have the right IC for this, but it's close to the demos and I love all the different sounds I can get out of it. The waterslide I have didn't work out so well with this and 3 other pedals I'm working on. Not sure where I got it from either :/ It was my first attempt at a veroboard layout almost a year ago and I just finished the enclosure this week. The wiring is not my best, but I feel I've done much better since. Now onto more challenging vero builds...like the EM Drive  ::)

Oh, and the artwork was found through a google search. Dr. Teeth from the Electric Mayhem (Muppets) in case somebody doesn't know.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

selfdestroyer

Awwww, memories. The art looks great on this pedal. I have yet to hear one of these circuits but I heard it can be some sonic madness.

DutchMF

Decall of the month!! I don't know this circuit, but the build sure looks good, nice work!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

rich36

Looks great. I love the decal and the name - that's a great concept

After listening to a demo of that pedal, I think I've got to build one for my friend who plays in a noise/punk/art band. This would be pretty perfect and he was looking for something that sounds like a "broken pedal" he can control. I think that this probably fits the bill pretty well. It's suprisingly musical given what it does.

pickdropper

Dig the decal.  Nice build.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

televisiondown

Thanks for the comments! I really like the sound of this pedal. It's got a good muff-type overdrive and a crazy glitchy, droney thing available. It does some crazy stuff when you mess with the tone knob.

lincolnic

Pedal looks great!

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have another Electric Mayhem pedal a few months ago? We can always use more Muppets.

blackedition

Sweet!  Do you have a link to that Vero layout? I loved the demo. ..cool rhythmic glitchiness: )

televisiondown

Here's the layout:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/08/dwarftcraft-great-destroyer.html?m=1

Quote from: lincolnic on January 27, 2014, 08:30:17 PM
Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have another Electric Mayhem pedal a few months ago? We can always use more Muppets.

Yes, there was! I think it was a Doombutter.

stevie1556

Great graphics on it!

I must say though, it's the weirdest pedal I've ever heard, but I like it :)

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

jivedanson

I AM SO ANGRY for not doing this design first.  Well done!