News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Not DIY, but still awesome

Started by m-Kresol, January 27, 2014, 01:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

My brother found something pretty awesome:

great idea if you ask me. but maybe, that's because I've played drums and percussion for eight years before switching to guitar.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

I seen one of the guitarist from Fleet Foxes use one on Austin City Limits last year. I instantly had to google the contraption since I never seen anything like it. Pretty cool device.

aballen

Wow, and only $30 USD,  I may have to get one just to play with it

culturejam

Neato!

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 27, 2014, 03:50:38 PM
I seen one of the guitarist from Fleet Foxes use one on Austin City Limits last year.

Double neat!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jkokura

That's actually pretty impressive. It's rare to see an 'innovative' guitar product that I really like, but that's one.

My birthday is in July, and I'm open to receiving Christmas presents from strangers.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

davent

Reminds me of the sound of a hammered dulcimer/zither, very cool!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

lincolnic

This is neat. It reminds me of a prepared guitar duet I did with a friend of mine where he put corks in between his strings and I tapped rhythms on them while he changed fretted notes...but way more controllable.

culturejam

Quote from: aballen on January 27, 2014, 05:10:49 PM
Wow, and only $30 USD, 

+$10 for shipping.

I might have to break down and get one of these.  I'll bet it really shines with open tunings.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

AntKnee

That makes some cool sounds. How does it attach to the guitar? Is it permanent?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

drezdn

I can't tell how it attaches exactly, but it looks like in two parts of the video, it's in different positions on the same guitar.