News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sound on sound pedal?

Started by AntKnee, January 22, 2014, 07:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

As much as I hate to suggest something not DIY, you might want to wait until the Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Delay hits the street, it might just tick all of your boxes with the dedicated wet out with an expression pedal port.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

AntKnee

For that matter, I dont even think I will need a mixer, the buffered splitter should keep signals fairly even. Maybe just a return volume for the wet channel, and the dry channel stays unchanged through the whole process.

Edit:
Wait. No, it would have to in order to combine the signals back together.
Duh!
Nevermind.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

AntKnee

Quote from: GermanCdn on January 27, 2014, 10:20:44 PM
As much as I hate to suggest something not DIY, you might want to wait until the Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Delay hits the street, it might just tick all of your boxes with the dedicated wet out with an expression pedal port.
That is interesting!

kothoma

Here my idea for a somewhat different approach.
That splitter/mixer thing is already part of every delay pedal.
Wouldn't the following modification (here to a Zero Point DD) do?
In essence it's a blend pot between the dry signal and the feedback wet signal at the input to the delay line.

aballen

I'm going to breadboard this.  LF398 ordered

AntKnee

Quote from: aballen on January 28, 2014, 09:15:13 AM
I'm going to breadboard this.  LF398 ordered
Which idea are you going to breadboard? I would GREATLY appreciate any pics or documentation of your build! Post it here please.

aballen

I'm going to try the lf398, coupled with a ROG splitter blend

AntKnee

Quote from: jkokura on January 27, 2014, 10:02:05 PM
Personally, I'd buffer it. Passive split can affect the treble response of the signal depending on the location in the chain. It's about impedance.

Jacob

Jacob, would this work:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.fi/2010/11/jfet-parallel-looper.html
If this will fit into an ernie ball volume pedal...
Take the input from the pedal, connect it to input on this board. Connect send 1 straight to return 1, thats the dry signal. From send 2 to the effects, back to a the return 2 of the board. From output of board to the output jack on the pedal. Would need to add a new send and return jack and 2 pots to the pedal but... seems like it should work.

aballen

I'm thinking something like this... will probably take a while though... my ambition far outweighs my skills

one working the send/return would go just before the second op amps