News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny - Violet Ram's Head

Started by tunatuk, February 10, 2014, 02:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tunatuk

Just started working on my first pedal tonight...I ordered several boards from MDP.

Wired it up just fine (and oops, I boxed it up before testing it because I'm an idiot), but it doesn't work properly.  Bypass works fine, and if I turn my amp up all the way I can hear a slight noise from the guitar, but not much.  I've tried adjusting the pots, to no avail.  I can't see any solder bridges, and the only problem I had was that the top metal piece on the "out" came out while soldering. I think it got a bit too hot and it just popped off.  The wire goes all the way through though, and if I stick my finger along the back, I can get an increase in sound if I touch it along the the area around the output from the board. 

Looking for any suggestions.  I'm about to go take some pictures, and I'll probably disassemble the box just to make sure that I can get whatever is needed for troubleshooting.

I made no subs on any parts, and only used a couple ceramic caps, the rest were box/film style, minus the electro.

mattlee0037

Check for some cold solder joints maybe.

tunatuk

I haven't found any yet.  I've looked at them all pretty good and it looks alright to me.  This is frustrating the heck out of me!  I just took it apart but kept all the connections together, and nothing looks wrong to my untrained eye.

Clayford

some clear, sharp pics of the front and back of the board would be helpful. Also - you did check your trannys right?
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

tunatuk

Well, I don't know exactly what I did, but when I disassembled it, then put it back together it started working fine.  It's boxed up, and ready to rock!  I'm guessing I had a short somewhere, but I don't know where exactly.

jkokura

The best tool to use in this situation is an audio probe, which would allow you to see where the signal disappears. Perhaps helpful would be a Multi Meter which would help you get some voltages.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Blues Healer

just FYI ... in a case like this, I'd check the ground connections on the input & output jacks
"music heals"