News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Seriously...a thread about ziplock bags...shesh..

Started by chromesphere, January 28, 2014, 10:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Since starting the webstore I've found a new love.  Its the love for zip lock bags.  A well made zip lock bag with a tight seal....oh yeah baby....

Ahem...anyway, I found some pretty good ones for diodes and resistors. Unfortunately some of the ziplock bags that come from "the big T" (Tayda)don't fit my component draws. And diodes don't fit 40x60mm bags (pretty sure resistors do) which is a common value you will see on the bay.  Don't even try to fit a diode into a 40x60.  The bag will break or the legs bend, its not a pretty sight. Obviously you don't have to buy THESE specific bags.  Just get a similar size:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251421510156?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

And of course there are different sized diodes, but I've found most diodes (excluding some of those small 1n914's) wont fit a 4x6.

I have more information about ziplock bags however I think I will be lucky if anyone actually reads this far. ;-)

Hope they help you get organised!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

AntKnee

I've only just gotten into pedal building recently, done a few builds, and I was just thinking that the gratuitous use of ziplock bags is a bit much. Then again, I live in a town where plastic bags at grocery stores are against the law! (Austin) But I have found that saving them is good because they do come in handy, and what else would dealers put them in? You can't just throw them into an envelope all willy nilly!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

chromesphere

My component draws would be a mess without them :D  It seems to be general consensus that retailers that label and bag everything separately is a good thing.  Maybe not for the environment you know...

AntKnee

Agreed! I say it seems like a bit much, but that really is the best way to do it. No way would I want to sort out a mess of components before every build.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

danwelsh

hey Paul you should do a YouTube vid on organization....I watch all your vids and they are explained very well.:)

chromesphere

Thanks Dan, ill have a think about it.  My names Paul btw.  Jon (midwayfair) is the other youtuber.  The one that actually knows what he's talking about :D

danwelsh

Quote from: chromesphere on January 29, 2014, 02:58:23 AM
Thanks Dan, ill have a think about it.  My names Paul btw.  Jon (midwayfair) is the other youtuber.  The one that actually knows what he's talking about :D

Wow...you read the post too quick haha..I posted then I was like thats not Jon, its Paul....so I edited and you still seen it first. sorry man :)

chromesphere