News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tap Tremolo

Started by ckalinec, March 11, 2011, 11:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckalinec

Hey madbean, would it be possible to do a tap trem? I've seen a PCB on eBay but I trust your builds much more

jkokura

I'm not sure which you've seen online, but go check out musicpcb.com. Taylors work is phenomenal and I can vouch for the tap trem and echobase there. I was also a part of the development of that project file.

Tap tremolos are harder than you think to develop. There are existing projects out there that would make a new one redundant. It'd be like making a new rebote delay.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mjcyates

+1 on Taylor's work. I have built the tap tempo trem and the echobase and they are both great pedals. I just ordered another board from him for his amp project (20w solid state amp in a stompbox).

ckalinec

Cool, I was only aware of the one I've seen on eBay. How does his Tremolo sound in comparison to the cusack, diamond etc

jkokura

It's a different project entirely really. I font know what makes up the guts of the two you mentioned, but Taylors PCB is based on an optical tremolo much like the double flush here. The tap tempo controls the lfo and the trem has some other cool functions like a wave distort function and different wave forms. Very cool. I kinda wish there were a simpler version with just a sine waved trek with tap tempo. I have an empress as well and it compared nicely.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mjcyates

Not sure how the circuit or the tone compares to the Diamond Tremolo but the functionality is almost identical.

gtr2

I've seen taylors board before on ebay for an "upscaled" price....
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

ckalinec

Quote from: gtr2 on March 11, 2011, 03:17:37 PM
I've seen taylors board before on ebay for an "upscaled" price....

That might have been what I saw

jkokura, how much did the project end up costing you?

I think this might be my next build. Or the sunking :)