News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neutrino and Quasar Builds

Started by sjturbo, May 21, 2010, 11:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjturbo

Take a look! Thanks to MB for a great layout and support. Both pedals are extremely quiet and sound great. They stack well together. The gut shots are for reference only. The Neutrino is the Black 2.5 version, I think it has lower gain. It's great to be able to build "boutique" type pedals for a fraction of the price.

pauloman80

Super nice builds, man.  Question, where'd you get your electrolytic caps?  The ones I bought off Small Bear doesn't have the leads coming off the same end, they're at opposite ends of the housing and were a bit of a pain to work around as far as getting the enclosure closed. 
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

Haberdasher

Quote from: pauloman80 on May 21, 2010, 06:15:34 PM
Super nice builds, man.  Question, where'd you get your electrolytic caps?  The ones I bought off Small Bear doesn't have the leads coming off the same end, they're at opposite ends of the housing and were a bit of a pain to work around as far as getting the enclosure closed. 

Those are axial leads; what you want is radial.  smallbear should have those too.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

sjturbo

Thanks! All parts were bought from Little Bear except for the switches which I had. The caps are available also. Some give LB a bad rap from time to time but I have always good experiences with them. Thanks again for the good word!

pauloman80

Quote from: Haberdasher on May 21, 2010, 06:34:20 PM
Quote from: pauloman80 on May 21, 2010, 06:15:34 PM

Those are axial leads; what you want is radial.  smallbear should have those too.

Aha...  Man, I really wish I'd known that before buying all my parts... grrrrrr!  Oh well.  At least now I can save myself the trouble in the future.  ::) Thanks, Haberdasher.
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80