News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

how to fix an incorrect hole?

Started by danwelsh, February 01, 2014, 12:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

I drilled a 1590b for a power supply I was working on a long time ago. This is the enclosure I am planning on writing a short instructional PDF on. I will fill, paint, and re drill the enclosure. I am planning on re drilling one of the JB Weld spots to test this anyways. I will be sure to include this in the PDF. I should probably re drill before I paint for demonstration purposes.

jimijam

Quote from: davent on February 01, 2014, 01:14:02 AM
JB Weld will do it too without the off-gassing of the Bondo. With Bondo i also had it eventually showing through the paint so you might need to use a primer like BIN with shellac that will prevent bleeding through.
this works great and super fast. put a slice of packing tape across the void from the inside of the enclosure. mix and apply the jb weld or any epoxy weld type playdoe. it doesnt need alot let it harden and block sand it flush with the enclosures surface. I have done it hundreds of times. I repurpose a lot of dfferent things as enclosures. I had a freind who would even use it as a skulpture medium. it can be used to add a 3/d element to projects as its.drillablea sandable, etc... much more sturdy than bondo too.

....Meanwhile after reading JohnL's post. "what an asshole I am, I really need to read the whole thread before I post anything....better go kneel in some busted pottery and scourge myself fora few hours."
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!