Started by playpunk, March 02, 2014, 09:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Quote from: muddyfox on March 04, 2014, 03:59:00 PM
Quote from: LaceSensor on March 04, 2014, 01:37:19 PM
I use this

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2249043

Its the bollocks. But quite pricey.

Same here. Best I can buy for the money...

sent from my mobile device

Has anyone compared this to the bonded that small bear sells? How is it better? I like getting the SB #24 on 50' spools for $5. I think it's perfect and it would probably take something with unicorn tears in it or something to get me to upgrade.

peAk

Quote from: Leevibe on March 04, 2014, 04:18:27 PM
Quote from: muddyfox on March 04, 2014, 03:59:00 PM
Quote from: LaceSensor on March 04, 2014, 01:37:19 PM
I use this

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2249043

Its the bollocks. But quite pricey.

Same here. Best I can buy for the money...

sent from my mobile device

Has anyone compared this to the bonded that small bear sells? How is it better? I like getting the SB #24 on 50' spools for $5. I think it's perfect and it would probably take something with unicorn tears in it or something to get me to upgrade.

I have both and like SB #24 better. That being said, GPCB is fine it's just a little too thin for my taste. That being said, GPCB wire might be better for people that do super tight fits. I haven't had any issues with either.

timbo_93631

Quote from: lincolnic on March 04, 2014, 05:09:40 AM
Can you elaborate a bit more on your chopstick method? That sounds pretty handy and I'm always trying to neaten my wiring.

Basically I pin one end of the wire against the side of the enclosure with one chopstick and make a nice 90 degree turn using the other chopstick  to sort of pinch the 90 into the wire on the outside edge of the turn so to speak.  Then I'll keep the chopstick in place and burnish the wire so it doesn't have any little waviness where it runs along the enclosure side, make another 90 back away from the side to the switch or whatever.

Maybe I can shoot a little time lapse final wiring of a pedal...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

muddyfox

Quote from: timbo_93631 on March 05, 2014, 06:20:00 AM
Basically I pin one end of the wire against the side of the enclosure with one chopstick and make a nice 90 degree turn using the other chopstick  to sort of pinch the 90 into the wire on the outside edge of the turn so to speak.  Then I'll keep the chopstick in place and burnish the wire so it doesn't have any little waviness where it runs along the enclosure side, make another 90 back away from the side to the switch or whatever.

How does this work on tight builds?

And I can't say I can fully picture the process, if you could film it it'd be great!

lincolnic

Quote from: timbo_93631 on March 05, 2014, 06:20:00 AM
Quote from: lincolnic on March 04, 2014, 05:09:40 AM
Can you elaborate a bit more on your chopstick method? That sounds pretty handy and I'm always trying to neaten my wiring.

Thanks! That makes sense to me, but it'd probably be fun to see a time lapse anyway.

peAk

I'd be keen to see a video if you have the time.

Neat wiring is not something that comes easy for me. It's one thing I really dread when comes time to box.