News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP anodized finishes

Started by Jabulani Jonny, February 04, 2014, 01:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

Quote from: mjcyates on February 04, 2014, 04:04:44 PM
This enclosure is the anodized yellow from PPP. Not what I expected but I think it looks pretty good.

Just wanted to jump in and say that I also have an anodized yellow enclosure from PPP, and mine looks like mjcyates's. I think they did a poor job with the ones you got and agree with wgc that they should've been sold as blems. Sorry to hear they blew you off when you emailed! That's really surprising, usually PPP has such good service.

derevaun

Cast aluminum has a high silicon content; the silicon tends to concentrate at the surface during casting. I'm surprised they even try to anodize cast enclosures--maybe they're using a low-silicon alloy. But it looks like it's hard to predict which boxes have silicon patches at the surface until they try to anodize it. They should sell the fails as seconds.

stevie1556

With candy colours, they show all the casting burn marks through the finish. I had a batch of cheap Chinese boxes, and all looked like the above when they had candy colours on, but they did work out about $2 a box so I couldn't really complain.

From my experience of coating boxes, I would definitely say they are left over casting marks on the boxes.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

mjcyates

Quotecould you tell me what knobs those are?
I've been looking for those!
I found something close, but they didn't have the nice line.

They are from mammoth electronics
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4SKA-13X16KBK-p/700-1901.htm

Jabulani Jonny

Thanks all for the input. I probably won't be going the anodized route again. I did email them back, from their initial response, but haven't heard anything.

Thanks for the graphics input pick dropper.  I'll keep forking around with it. It's close, but could use more improvement. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan