News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4-in-1 Rack Mount Build

Started by pryde, February 05, 2014, 11:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is a custom build I did for a local musician who is an incredible steel (and regular) guitar player. He wanted an inclusive 1RU rack build with delay, reverb, overdrive, and an effects loop to expand possibilities. He just wanted some toggle switches for bypassing. This is primarily for his steel guitar rig. We went through a lot of ideas/options but in the end he liked the Tenebrion reverb, Hamlet delay, and the Egghead. He also wanted an extra set of S/R jacks on the back as well as the front panel. I had a local trophy shop make the front panels for a nice pro look. Fun and a bit different build for me to do.

pickdropper

VERY nice.  Between the wiring and the aesthetic design, it is just about perfect.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

icecycle66

Gledison

wooow! that is very nice! and lot of space inside to add anohter 10 effects...eheheh
great job mate!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

alanp

That is achingly beautiful. The insides kinda remind me of a Dumble-ator, for some reason.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

billstein

Guitarmageddon

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

culturejam

My goodness! That's a fantastic effort. Impressive.  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jkokura

I've really toyed with doing a bit rack setup with midi switching and such. Having a rack unit or two with some effects to switch in and out would be a blast.

Nice work. Like that unit quite a bit.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimijam

i'd recommend a switchable buffer on the effect loop and maybe an isolation transformer. if there is any long cable runs from the rack to the floor the buffer will probably help keep the signal intact and the tranny will prevent ground loops which often pop up in rack rigs.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

jimijam

Quote from: jkokura on February 05, 2014, 05:34:30 PM
I've really toyed with doing a bit rack setup with midi switching and such. Having a rack unit or two with some effects to switch in and out would be a blast.

Nice work. Like that unit quite a bit.

Jacob
they are a blast as far as total control of your gear, once you have it all ironed out technically. and the amount of cabling and clutter on the floor can be completely wiped out. I love playing through my 200watt spaceship/lightshow
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

pryde

Quote from: jimijam on February 05, 2014, 05:55:23 PM
i'd recommend a switchable buffer on the effect loop and maybe an isolation transformer. if there is any long cable runs from the rack to the floor the buffer will probably help keep the signal intact and the tranny will prevent ground loops which often pop up in rack rigs.

Actually I did discuss that with him and he said he was likely only going to run 1 or 2 pedals with short cable runs (~6 feet max). If it becomes an issue I will add a little klon buffer in there on a switch.

The most difficult part of this was drilling accurately. These 1RU racks are made of very tough metal. I had to use Cobalt bits to get through it and there were ALOT of holes to drill  :o

mysticaxe

Very cool idea and incredible execution!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lincolnic

This is absolutely beautiful. Really great work.