News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A "Handy" Pedal & One for the Whales

Started by Guitarmageddon, February 05, 2014, 01:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

BD-2 and Delay, my "travelling light" pedal.

Socketed a few things to fool with later...

The Tayda Drive.
No schematic on the site, and I haven't had time to trace and identify it, but it sounds good. Smooth & warm with plenty of mids.

I'm feed up with the assault on the marine environment down here, there's been Japanese whaling, scrapping of marine parks, dumping and proposed mining of the Great Barrier Reef, and now a barbaric and pointless "shark cull."
I'm going to sell this one and donate the money to the Sea Shepherd.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

raulduke

Nice builds dude.

I saw a segment on the Shark cull on the bbc. Mindless barbarity. Everyone interviewed (especiallly the surfers) understood the risks, and were opposed to it.

midwayfair

Great etches as always. Hopefully that pedal will raise soem good money for a good cause. :)

micromegas

The finish of that BD-2/Delay combo is as good as simple. I think I saw that font earlier... Dr.Scientist influence?

As Jon said before, I really hope the work Sea Shepherd and other and other organizations like them are doing  bear fruit. It's horrible what the human being is capable of when something is against is designs...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

hoodoo

Nice Ben. I won't get political, cause this is a pedal forum, but WTF are these idiots doing. I'll ask the question, of our pedal building brothers/sisters from elsewhere. Have you heard of the great barrier reef, one of the great wonders of the world, and would you like to see it one day? Do some google digging and express your discontent.

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: micromegas on February 05, 2014, 05:49:15 AM
I think I saw that font earlier... Dr.Scientist influence?
Probably more a Dr Who influence. :)
I've used that font before, I kinda like those kitsch futuristic fonts.

Great to hear I'm not alone in being pro-earth. 8)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

alanp

Firstly, that's some nice etches :) I like the battery case in the Tayda one! Plus the wirewrangling is bloody good too :)

That said, environmental and outer-fringe animal rights groups make me nervous, after seeing Penn & Teller's "Bullshit" show on them.

On the third hand, the Japanese whaling pisses me the hell off, too >:-<
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: alanp on February 05, 2014, 03:25:53 PMThat said, environmental and outer-fringe animal rights groups make me nervous

Thanks, I'll lookout for "Bullshit " ;)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

playpunk

You guys are my kind of crazy, but the way out there environmentalists are cool, too.

I had an opportunity to talk with several of the people who were tree-sitting and generally interfering with the buttholes known as Massey Energy in WV - they were cool, crazy, wacko, and awesome all at the same time.

The eco-terrorists and earth-first types? Not my deal.
"my legend grows" - playpunk