News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fatpants a.k.a. 38x30 boost

Started by dropanchor812, February 06, 2014, 08:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dropanchor812

So, a few years ago I would have considered myself a pretty "husky" guy.  At that time I wore 38x30 jeans, and that's why I'm allowed to make the joke :)

Just your average fat pants, nothing fancy.  This was my first time drilling an enclosure and I didn't realize how close I was putting the knobs together when marking all the holes.  I will quote the great Canadian Alanis Morisette: "you live, you learn."  The letters are stamped with a metal punch and I thought they came out pretty nice.  The letters on the back panel look kind of janky because that was my testing field.

Cheers!

sirbergersworth

I love the stamps. That looks excellent.
Fat pants sound great.

Sent using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

diablochris6

There it is!  Great job.  The design is simple and sweet.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

mattlee0037

Love the labeling! What size punches are those?

stevie1556

The labelling looks awesome. Great build buddy

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

raulduke

Really cool  8)

Reminds me of Fairfield Circuitry stuff.

Jabulani Jonny

That's great!  For some reason your knob drilling reminds me of two other anatomical circular objects that are positioned close together. Not a bad thing if you ask me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

wolfingsworth

That stamping turned out really nice! Did you backfill with paint? I have a set of stamps that I haven't fallen in love with yet. The technique is a lot harder than it seems it should be. +1 for the fat joke!

dropanchor812

Thanks for all the kind words, and I forgot to mention that this circuit really does sound excellent.  If you don't already have one then do yourself a favor and build one.  I really love putting it after my dirt pedals.   My supreaux never sounded so good.   

The stamps are 3mm.  They are these... http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/3mm-letters-and-numbers-stamp-punch-set-923623/

I tried learning how to use GIMP to design some artwork for this one, as all my other ones have just been powdercoated boxes, but I just wasn't taking to it.  I've always been a fan of fairfield circuitry's look so that's the direction I went.  And yes wolfingsworth,  I painted the letters and sanded off the excess, because the punch alone just didn't look right.  It did take some getting used to, and you have to be careful to not use so much force that you put huge dents in the box.  I put a piece of wood inside the box to keep the top surface from sinking in.  And I had to go back over the letters twice because it just didn't seem deep enough the first time. 

And Jonny- back when I wore 38x30's I had some of those too... ;)

mandrewbot3k

Love the stamps. might have to offer to go to hobby lobby with my wife today, you know, because i'm a good husband...
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

Gledison

I really liked it. What about the letters: did u add some black paint after punching them?
Looks really cool!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?