News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual Function

Started by pickdropper, February 07, 2014, 06:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Great job Dave! I love the grid you used in the graphics. Very fitting for an f(x) build!

juansolo

Very impressive, as usual. I was going to do ours as a Ffx triple but am now considering sticking the fuzzes into a 1590A. Purely because I can.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on February 07, 2014, 11:55:18 AM
Very impressive, as usual. I was going to do ours as a Ffx triple but am now considering sticking the fuzzes into a 1590A. Purely because I can.

That's what I did.  I like the fuzzes in a 1590a with a toggle switch to choose which effect is active.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimijam

doesn't get much cleaner than that. the etch looks fantastic. a design of that type is so difficult 'cause any variation in the pattern sticks out like a sore thump,but you really pulled it off wonderfully.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

juansolo

Quote from: pickdropper on February 07, 2014, 12:06:02 PM

That's what I did.  I like the fuzzes in a 1590a with a toggle switch to choose which effect is active.

Indeedy. We've got it down to two knobs and a switch :) (bit of dual gang wafer swappage). Have to admit that Cleggy did the boards though. I tried but I couldn't see the resistors  :'(
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on February 07, 2014, 12:52:53 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on February 07, 2014, 12:06:02 PM

Indeedy. We've got it down to two knobs and a switch :) (bit of dual gang wafer swappage). Have to admit that Cleggy did the boards though. I tried but I couldn't see the resistors  :'(

That's a cool approach to the knobs.

Sometimes it is an advantage to keep them separate.  I usually set the two fuzzes differently, so I like being able to toggle between them without having to twiddle the controls.
Function f(x)

m-Kresol

that is one fine build. Wasn't expecting anything else when I saw your name as the author. What is the 4th knob on the grease gun? Pot instead of R7? what is that changing?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

hoodoo

pickdropper

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 07, 2014, 01:27:11 PM
that is one fine build. Wasn't expecting anything else when I saw your name as the author. What is the 4th knob on the grease gun? Pot instead of R7? what is that changing?

If you read Brian's build doc , it's an optional resistor that knocks down the bass a bit.  By turning it up, the bass comes back (and the gain seems to increase a touch as well).  I put it in the experiment with, but so far I think it sounds best stock.
Function f(x)

jimilee

Looks great Dave! How's it sound?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on February 07, 2014, 09:08:41 PM
Looks great Dave! How's it sound?

It sounds really good, actually.  I like the low gain drive of the GreaseGun quite a bit.  I could see it being very useful on a pedalboard.  I like the vibe, too.  I prefer the LFO on the sine to the choppy with this one.  I also think there is a slight treble roll-off with a drive pedal pushing it.  I noticed it with the GreaseGun and with a Klon.  I might tweak things a bit, but I like it even without any changes.
Function f(x)

lincolnic

This etch, I can't even.

You've outdone yourself!

selfdestroyer

Amazing build. That grid graphic leave no room for error.

Hexjibber

Great build and an awesome design and etch as usual! :)