News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big score at a local electronics store.

Started by haveyouseenhim, February 07, 2014, 04:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveyouseenhim

I am the only person that is allowed to browse this little out of business electronics store. So I get to cherry pick from TONS of new old stock stuff.

Today I got a crazy deal on some bulk transistors and this-and-that.

Starting off with 1000 1n4005, NTE germs, GE brand 2n170, 2n2160, GE-X10, about 1500 ECG123a transistors, about 1000 ECG128 transistors, a box of mallory axial caps(LOTS more where that came from) and lil bits and pieces.

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

atreidesheir

that is impressive.  this was a good day.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

jball85

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: jball85 on February 07, 2014, 05:45:45 PM
gold!

Yes ;). I'm willing to bet there is enough gold on the ecg123s to make my money back a few times. Of course I wouldn't do that.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

haveyouseenhim

Can anyone think of a good circuit to try the ecg128s in?  I'm going to make a muff to try them out. I'm wondering if there are any others I should try.

Ettore_M

" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

stevie1556

I'm so jealous!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

hoodoo

I love stories like this, great haul mate. :)