Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Here's a telling confession:

My phone just auto-corrected something I was typing to "SMD"  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

angrykoko

• At any given moment, I don't have a clue what I should do.
  • I'm 46 years old and love stoner / doom music
  • I had to use a calculator to figure out how old I was.
  • I refuse to learn too much about this hobby out of fear it will become my day job.... just like my last hobby.
  • I fear meeting new people because I cannot remember names (really, it's amazing how fast it's gone).
  • My wife and kid are way more cool than I could have hoped for.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

chromesphere

Quote from: angrykoko on February 11, 2014, 02:15:19 PM
At any given moment, I don't have a clue what I should do.

I also live in this bewildered state of emergency...how do you make it stop!?  :)
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

gtr2

I wish I had cable so I could watch curling...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GermanCdn

It's been a day since my last confession and I feel the need for more:

1. I have owned in excess of 320 guitars over the last 15 years, but haven't played a gig in 8.
2. Music gear isn't the only thing I collect, other collections include knives, axes, and fishing gear.
3. I have successfully claimed a strip club bar tab of $1500 on an expense report.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

icecycle66

1) I usually have absolutely no idea what's going on.
2) Even though I usually don't know what's going on, I have an uncanny ability to bullshit my way through almost everything I've ever encountered. 
3) I am unbelievably successful with hardly any effort and I'm afraid that if I try to be more successful then I will fail. It's a delicate balance.
4) In person, I go from invisibly passive to outright aggressive instantaneously because other humans terrify me.
5) I have about 5 different scripted courses of action for every social encounter.  If someone strays from the script I go blank.
6)Sometimes I lie about my age because when I tell people how old I am they don't believe me.  I usually add eight to ten years to my age just so I don't get a bunch of stupid gasps.

slimtriggers

1.  I'm addicted to Coca-Cola
2.  I sing to my dog, too :)

angrykoko

Quote from: icecycle66 on February 11, 2014, 02:55:35 PM
1) I usually have absolutely no idea what's going on.
2) Even though I usually don't know what's going on, I have an uncanny ability to bullshit my way through almost everything I've ever encountered. 
3) I am unbelievably successful with hardly any effort and I'm afraid that if I try to be more successful then I will fail. It's a delicate balance.
4) In person, I go from invisibly passive to outright aggressive instantaneously because other humans terrify me.
5) I have about 5 different scripted courses of action for every social encounter.  If someone strays from the script I go blank.
6)Sometimes I lie about my age because when I tell people how old I am they don't believe me.  I usually add eight to ten years to my age just so I don't get a bunch of stupid gasps.

I always knew I had a lost sibling.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

sonarchotic

-I couldn't find Holland on a map of Europe last night after getting into the band Causa Sui. And it turns out they're from Denmark. Sorry DutchMF but I did figure it out eventually ;) Worst of all, I've been there.
-American Football on television triggers depression in me, I don't know why.
-I was not a 'pedal guy' before building them.
-I started playing guitar because after years as a bassist I got tired of stopping everyone and making this big production just to get an idea across because no one can hear you. Now as a guitarist I just play my idea in the song/jam and there it is. 

atreidesheir

I bully bullies.

I lust after nerd girls.  Cute is hotter than hot.

I like the music of Tracey Ullman, Kenny Rogers, Meat Loaf, Rick Springfield, Air Supply, and Michael Penn.

My 4 year old is my best friend.

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Govmnt_Lacky

- I have been playing guitar on and off for over 17 years and hardly know ANYTHING beyond basic chords  :-\
- I've had to scale down my pedal building because it was seriously impacting my family time.
- I spend WAY too much time on pedal forums when I should be working!  ::)
- I have an un-needed disdain for "simple" builds. If it doesn't look like it was a challenge, I don't give it it's just reward. Although it does deserve it!
- I know just about EVERY character on the Disney channel  :o
- I am the cheapest person on the planet when it comes to building.

electrosonic

My HP 15C calculator is one of my most cherished possessions. I spent my birthday money to buy it new in 1984. I hate using non RPN (reverse polish notation) calculators.  They cost hundreds of dollars on ebay - someone really should sell a clone.

Andrew.

billstein

Quote from: jubal81 on February 11, 2014, 07:48:31 AM
1) I change songs lyrics to make them about my dog and sing them around the house

You may have just become my hero.

1. I tell my dog that I love him all the time.
2. I love hard rock, think VH, Michael Schenker etc. But I also really like one Osmonds song. "Crazy horses."
3. I'm a huge Lakers fan but totally have bandwagoned over to the Clippers this year. **hangs his head in shame**

atreidesheir

Crazy Horses Wahh!  wahhhh!!

wow.  my sister had that one.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

snz728

1.  I have been writing papers for law students for pedal building money (I never went to law school)
2.  Everyone I work with is black everone I live with is white (never comfortable in either world for too long)
3. Went to school for oil painting and painted daily for years but haven't picked up a brush since a house fire destroyed years of paintings drawings and prints