News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

For fun. Put in your silly, non-consequential confessions here. Please, keep it light.

#1 - I hate reality TV (most TV, actually) but I LOVE Shark Tank. I think it is hilarious. Plus, I think it would be awesome to be an inventor or venture capital type guy.
#2 - When I feel down, a quick visit to cuteoverload.com makes my day infinitely better.
#3 - I secretly wish I could write a sci-fi novel or produce/write a comedy-horror film.

selfdestroyer

I'll play

1] I spend more time pretending to work at my desk than actually working.
2] I have not seen a news broadcast on TV for over 5 years. If I want to hear about news I will read about it.
3] Films that leave you feeling uncomfortable, sympathetic or just plain confused. The wife and I both enjoy the horror & exploitation genre. Most friends shutter at the movies I own. lol
4] If you don't keep track of the money then you never over spend. (works on everything)

Cody

jimilee

1) Haven't balanced my checkbook in over 8 years.
2) I really don't like the band I'm in, but I rehearse once a week just to play music.
3) Don't watch a lot of T.V. dramas at all, more of a news junkie.
4) Would love to play guitar in a band instead of bass at least once in my life.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

1) I have almost completely swapped out my guitar collection from last year.
2) Even if I was blind, I'd think Lzzy Hale is one of the hottest women on the face of the earth from her voice alone.
3) I find myself not hating it when my wife makes me watch Food network.
4) This is my 900th post.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Matt

When I see people texting while driving and drifting all over the road, I secretly hope they'll hit the curb.

I know, I'm going to hell.
Matt

chromesphere

1) I couldn't sleep for a week after I watched Shaye Saint John Balloon Goon (youtube it :D)
2) I drink 3 cups of tea a day as a substitute for coffee because it gives me a headache, and it makes me feel less masculine.
3) Im worried people are going to think im a wimp from writing those 2 points above
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

PhiloB

I visit Damn You Auto Correct website every few months.  It takes about 5 minutes, but eventually I am laughing hysterically , tears and all.  Sad part is, it's not really THAT funny.  But never fails to produce the same results.

raulduke

I actually find Alan Carr funny.

... please don't tell anyone  ;)

juansolo

- I break the law at least once every single time I get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
- I have no issues burning, cutting or generally injuring myself. But I have a completely irrational fear of needles/injections.
- I'm a geek, and therefore socially retarded. I hide it well to be fair, but I just don't understand small talk and am generally uncomfortable around people I don't know well. Which is of course a catch22.

That'll do for now.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

stevie1556

- I really enjoy hitting customers at work with the trollies, and never mean sorry when I say it.
- I don't practice nearly enough guitar compared to building pedals.
- I'm a prolific cheater as I hate losing.
- I can never find things in a tidy place, however, when it's messy I know where everything is.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Cortexturizer

- I have a pretty bad case of vertigo, I often dream that I am falling from a building or balancing on a thin piece of construction gear somewhere up there...scary scary stuff.
- I hate cinnamon so much that I have to take it off coffee whenever they serve me with it in a pub or a coffee shop and I get really really upset
- I was so OCD, that I used to count letters in a movie subtitle, grouping them in batches of five, and then, if there wasn't an even number of groups of five, then I would make compromises like, a letter H contains three dashes so yeah we can work with that, and so on..
I know, that's crazy.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

gtr2

1) I drink whole leaf green tea (I think it keeps me from getting sick)
2) I want to be a full time entrepreneur
3) I miss playing straight up rock and roll, loudly...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

neve1272

1)when i was a kid i wanted to grow up to be  a Jedi...
2) touching paper bag or card board is like nails on a chalkboard to me
3) looking at sharp or pointy things hurts my eyes
Kip

culturejam

1) I've never really been a *real* band. I've done plenty of one-off performances with other guys, had a garage band in high school, had regular jams in college and beyond, recording my own music, etc. But never really had a steady, regular band that played paying gigs around town.

2) I really enjoy certain reality TV shows. Mostly the ones about cooking or "turnaround" shows: Top Chef, Chopped, Bar Rescue, Restaurant Impossible, etc. I also love Deadliest Catch.

3) I like old DOD pedals.

4) I watch very little sports on TV (almost entirely college football or Premiere League Football), don't really like playing poker, and don't ever have a desire to hit up the strip clubs. And yet, I'm one of the most hetero guys you'll ever meet.  ;D

EDIT: One more thing:

5) Macklemore is awesome!  :D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jubal81

1) I change songs lyrics to make them about my dog and sing them around the house
2) The bacheloritis is so advanced I don't even microwave hot dogs any more - just eat them cold out of the fridge
3) I regularly take an hour on the throne playing iPad game
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair