News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

1. I am a terrible singer and am to embarrassed to try and sing/play guitar to my wife and kids. But, I sing and play when I am by myself
2. I am enamored by Pink for some reason (the singer chick not the color so much)
3. I hate the feeling that I could be that "creepy old guy" if I tried to flirt with a 20-something year old girl (because I am 41)

jimijam

Quote from: jubal81 on February 11, 2014, 07:48:31 AM
1) I change songs lyrics to make them about my dog and sing them around the house
I do this all the time
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

wgc

I've built a bunch of pedals, but never done a build report. I hope to change that soon.

I love building 1590a. I hate clipping leads. (Probably because I had one get stuck up my nose during my first week of mil spec assy.  Ricochet from new clippers.  Hurt at work meant a dr visit. Everyone knew me immediately. Good thing I gave a sense of humor. )

I almost never use more than 2 fx at a time.  Sold all my now rare 80s fx to go rack in the 90s.

I have a lot of through hole parts, but I've since learned dip trace, discovered oshpark and from now on I will be doing almost everything in smd on oshpark pcbs I am now doing the layouts for.

Played my first gig in 12 years a few months ago. Used a rat I built and it gave me goosebumps.

I wish I wasn't so acutely aware of how fast time goes by and how short life is.

Wish I knew then what I know now.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

alanp

R&B, barbeque reggae (you know, the kind you get at summer bbq's with lots of relatives you don't know), hiphop, that kind of thing, makes most people happy at work.

After two or so hours of it, it makes me depressed, angry, and upset. I kind of swirl into a world of two or three meters, talking to myself furiously as I work. I wish I wasn't making this up.

I like the more raw reggae, like most Bob Marley, early Maytals stuff, it's the stuff that sounds very pop-ish with no real message beyond love, sex, or relationships that I hate.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

haveyouseenhim

I have nothing to confess.  I AM PERFECT.

Nah
1) I still watch skateboarding videos even though I'm too fat and out of shape to do it anymore.
2) I stopped smoking cigs 4 weeks ago and today I smoked one  :(
3) I am not much more than a paint-by-number pedal builder.
4) A week ago I shot a crow with a high power rifle for harassing the gun club's pet kitty.   He exploded.....
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

lincolnic

The other day I was mixing a live version of a song I've known for about 15 years, and I discovered that I've been singing the wrong words in the last verse for about 15 years.

I'm 28 now and I still listen to the original album, so it's not like I didn't have the chance to notice before!

jimilee

I still call them records
I don't think clowns are funny at all
I have a genuine fear of appointments. Takes mr forever to make one, first I have tothink about it for a while, then I have to work my way up, then it has to be a spontaneous action.
I love heavy metal, but have zero desire to play it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

3) I'm too colorblind to read resistor color codes
4) Fart humor will always be funny. I'm old enough to know that will never change

lincolnic

Quote from: jimilee on February 11, 2014, 08:56:16 PM
I still call them records

I do too, and I'm barely old enough to remember the time when records were the only thing there was.

irmcdermott

1. The older I get, the more I seem to appreciate pop music. Some of the stuff I listen to and think "Man, that's really catchy/good," is stuff that back in the day I would have said, "Man, that really crappy." Too cool for school I guess.
2. I loathe breadboarding. I'm not good at it, and it takes me forever, and I usually always spend way more time fixing things than doing the initial layout.
3. We decided before he was born to minimize the "baby talk" when talking to our son, and so far, his speech and vocabulary is pretty amazing, BUT, i talk in the most ridiculous voices to my dog All. The. Time.

timbo_93631

1.  I can't say, "no" to a free organ (some of you know this)

2.  I freak out if one of my kiddos is hurt/bloodied and immediately start yelling instead of being calm and collected.

3.  I daydream about my imaginary band, "Rapscallion Crush" pretty often.  Whenever I hear a song that sounds sort of like what I imagine my imaginary band sounds like (horns, organs, funk) I say so to my wife. 

4.  I have an oscilloscope from my Dad and can barely use it.

5.  When I drive with the kids in our Odyssey I am James May, when I am alone in our Focus I am Tommi Mäkinen
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

Are you Captain Slow, or Captain Sense Of Direction? :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

haveyouseenhim

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

timbo_93631

Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Clayford

1.) I don't like the band I'm in. I only do it to make music.
2.) I delegate more work than I actually do at my job
3.) I "Scotty" the work I do, so I can take my time in doing it.
4.) ???
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded