News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Quote from: Leevibe on February 11, 2014, 09:13:44 PM
4) Fart humor will always be funny. I'm old enough to know that will never change
On the opposite side, even as a kid I have never found farts funny... the one exception is the first time my girlfriend did in front of me, that is the only time i've really laughed at one.
Works at Lectric-FX

Clayford

I build sometimes as therapy. It is exceptionally Zen.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

raulduke

Quote from: jimijam on February 11, 2014, 07:05:49 PM
Quote from: jubal81 on February 11, 2014, 07:48:31 AM
1) I change songs lyrics to make them about my dog and sing them around the house
I do this all the time
Ha ha me too.

I 'talk for them' too. Really weird  :o

raulduke

Quote from: alanp on February 11, 2014, 09:42:38 PM
Are you Captain Slow, or Captain Sense Of Direction? :)

Ok another one, and relevant to this. I'm afraid I have to get this out of my system...

I can't f*cking stand Top Gear. I hate it. I absolutely bloody hate it.

It's a televised mid-life crisis.

A bunch of middle aged boy-men, acting like pr*cks and talking sh*t, driving stupid-money cars on 'boyos abroad' adventures (which are all scripted of course).

Meanwhile a baying, desperate, background audience hinges on everything they say and do and applauds the shite-est joke with a rapturous round of applause. The women are dragged to the front of the audience to give the illusion of the presenters having a semblance of sex appeal.

Jeremy Clarkson every day becomes more and more like Alan Partridge. Except with the funny bits missing.

Richard Hammond is a little adrenaline junky who thinks he is cool because he grows his hair long, wears a leather jacket, and can press his foot down on an accelerator (with the aid of a wooden block).

On the up-hand, I quite like the shows James May does when he is away from Top Gear, and doesn't have those two idiots around to interrupt him. He is a genuinely intelligent, and interesting guy.

Aaah... sorry... I feel better now  ;)

juansolo

Quote from: atreidesheir on February 11, 2014, 04:04:53 PM
I bully bullies.

I lust after nerd girls.  Cute is hotter than hot.

I like the music of Tracey Ullman, Kenny Rogers, Meat Loaf, Rick Springfield, Air Supply, and Michael Penn.

My 4 year old is my best friend.

Nerdy girls are awesome.

Music confession time... Despite being into some fairly extreme music, my iTunes collection also includes Rick Springfield. But I can trump that. Also in there is: Avril Lavigne, Duran Duran, Journey, Natalie Imbruglia, Phil Collins (you like Phil Collins? /American Psycho), Richard Marx, Simple Minds, Survivor and Tears For Fears.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: raulduke on February 12, 2014, 12:51:29 AM
Quote from: alanp on February 11, 2014, 09:42:38 PM
Are you Captain Slow, or Captain Sense Of Direction? :)

Ok another one, and relevant to this. I'm afraid I have to get this out of my system...

I can't f*cking stand Top Gear. I hate it. I absolutely bloody hate it.

It's a televised mid-life crisis.

A bunch of middle aged boy-men, acting like pr*cks and talking sh*t, driving stupid-money cars on 'boyos abroad' adventures (which are all scripted of course).

Meanwhile a baying, desperate, background audience hinges on everything they say and do and applauds the shite-est joke with a rapturous round of applause. The women are dragged to the front of the audience to give the illusion of the presenters having a semblance of sex appeal.

Jeremy Clarkson every day becomes more and more like Alan Partridge. Except with the funny bits missing.

Richard Hammond is a little adrenaline junky who thinks he is cool because he grows his hair long, wears a leather jacket, and can press his foot down on an accelerator (with the aid of a wooden block).

On the up-hand, I quite like the shows James May does when he is away from Top Gear, and doesn't have those two idiots around to interrupt him. He is a genuinely intelligent, and interesting guy.

Aaah... sorry... I feel better now  ;)

As a massive petrolhead, I also hate Top Gear. It jumped the shark about 5 or 6 seasons ago and should have ended there. Now it's just rinse and repeat. A perfect example of this is them getting handed a P1 last episode (I still have to watch it you understand, just to bitch about how shit it is) and other than 'it's fast', told us nothing about it. Compare this to the piece Chris Harris wrote on Pistonheads. Getting over so much information and emotion in one short article. You'd never think that Clarkson used to be a half decent journalist...

May is sadly a slightly older version of me in a lot of ways... But you're right, his other shows are excellent. Much like Clarksons War Stories. Fantastically researched and presented. I wish he'd do much more of that and just step away from TG.

But yeah, TG is an entertainment show for the likes of people who like reality TV now. People who might not be too bright and have a very short memory. Shame, it used to be good when it was actually about the cars early on in this incarnation. You know, when there was about 10 people in the studio watching. But it makes the BBC shitloads of money so damn right they'll bleed it dry.

Bah!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Cortexturizer

* also have red green color blindness which makes lots of problems for me
* I can't stand the following performers: Mars Volta, Joanna Newsom, Fiona Apple, Faith No More, U2. It's not just a strong case of dislike, it's a profound hatred that makes me wanna leave the room without negotiation.
* there's a colleague at work that irritates me so much that I often imagine his death, and I am the most tolerant person you could find, I promise I am
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

raulduke

Yeah when it first started it was bearable I guess.

Clarkson was a good journalist too. I agree.

Everything he says now is just for effect. I'm not sure he even believes half the sh*t that comes out of his mouth, but he has to say it because he is CLARKSON!

I think he has become so caught up in being CLARKSON!, that he has lost the real Jeremy Clarkson amidst all the bullsh*t...

He's become a parody of himself.

Hopefully James May will see sense and abandon ship, focusing on his other shows. The pay cheque he gets for Top Gear might sway that though...

Anyway, better stop before I go off on one again  ;)!

stevie1556

I'm going to add to my previous confession.

- I feel like SMD is taking over my life. In 3 days, I've sent another 4 designs over to the fab house. I've got another 3 designs ready to send and another one nearly ready.

- I've got loads of stuff to do today, but the house is cold so I'm staying in bed.

- I have a servere man crush on Satchel from Steel Panther (even though I'm straight). Just wish I was that good on guitar.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

m-Kresol

*) I really believe that some of my collegues (some of them with a PhD) should not be working with chemicals as they do not know, what they're doing.
*) Students often don't realize that I'm their supervisor up to the point that I ask them if they are ready for the exam. I also often have to show my license when buying beer (Here, we are allowed to drink beer with 16). I'm 26. That's how young I look.
*) I like things to be tidy in my workspace. Since I'm apparently the only one, I spent hours and hours of cleaning and organizing stuff no one else cares about.
*) I spent way more money on electic equipment and stuff I need to build pedals than I have on anything else in the last years. I think I might have a pedal addiction problem.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

pryde

4. I do believe in Sasquatch...for real. I so want to see one. By myself I watch episodes of Finding Bigfoot even though its a ridiculously stupid show.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: irmcdermott on February 11, 2014, 09:27:45 PM
2. I loathe breadboarding. I'm not good at it, and it takes me forever, and I usually always spend way more time fixing things than doing the initial layout.

^^^ +100

I am in the "loathe breadboarding" club as well  :-\

billstein

I'm not a tweaker. I have no desire to try 20 different diodes to see which one I like best. I'll take the word of somebody on the forum, use what they like and get on with it.

slimtriggers

3.  I've never breadboarded anything. 
4.  My only television is a 27" picture tube Sony Trinitron. 
5.  Mythbusters jumped the shark a couple seasons ago.  I don't need a TV anymore, anyway.

Haberdasher

i have never seen american idol.  or survivor.  or watched an episode of friends.

i'm addicted to fantasy football.

i don't like playing video games unless they are "cartoon-ish", like the nintendo stuff, pocket billiards, stuff like that.  fps to me are all just updated versions of castle wolfenstein.

i once went about 10 years without playing electric because i was so into steel string.  i really only started plugging in again about the same time i got into diy.  that's probably sacrilege around these parts haha.

i go gaga over redheads, i don't know what it is but they drive me out of my mind.  i've never loved one though, it's always been brunettes.

whenever i have a bunch of holes to drill in pcbs, i listen to audiobooks to pass the time and keep my head occupied.  i'm talking about stuff i would probably never read in book form: fictional novels about CIA agents, or silly stuff like jack reacher.  i think i'm starting to like it. :P

i haven't had a cigarette in over 8 years.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS