News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 11, 2014, 02:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Quote from: Haberdasher on February 12, 2014, 03:10:39 PM
i go gaga over redheads, i don't know what it is but they drive me out of my mind.  i've never loved one though, it's always been brunettes.

Truth. My "one that got away" was a redhead. She dumped me...twice! We're still friends though. PS I love my wife in case she is reading this.

Govmnt_Lacky

I smell a "One that got away" thread coming soon!  ;)  8)

Cortexturizer

i go gaga over redheads, i don't know what it is but they drive me out of my mind.  i've never loved one though, it's always been brunettes.
Had a redhead GF, she goes blonde.
Had another, she goes brunette. I'm still with her. But I understand the obsession mate.
Although, I have a thing for goth too :shy: When does two things meet, oh mamaaaa....
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

playpunk

Did somebody say redheads?

My wife is a lovely redhead, a distance runner, and a fitness class instructor.

Former ballerina, and incredible cook.

I married way, way, way above my pay grade.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

GermanCdn

whenever i have a bunch of holes to drill in pcbs, i listen to audiobooks to pass the time and keep my head occupied.  i'm talking about stuff i would probably never read in book form: fictional novels about CIA agents, or silly stuff like jack reacher.  i think i'm starting to like it. :P

I only listen to Jack Reacher books or Rainbow Six books when I build.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Haberdasher

dang, no wonder it's so hard to land a redhead.  there are too few of them and there's too much damn competition! :o

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 12, 2014, 03:42:05 PM
whenever i have a bunch of holes to drill in pcbs, i listen to audiobooks to pass the time and keep my head occupied.  i'm talking about stuff i would probably never read in book form: fictional novels about CIA agents, or silly stuff like jack reacher.  i think i'm starting to like it. :P

I only listen to Jack Reacher books or Rainbow Six books when I build.

not sure if serious.....hmm....maybe i should look into rainbow 6.  that's clancy?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

davent

7) I'm in an endless loop of breadboarding Rangemaster iterations... could it be simpler? Japanese, American, Russian Ge's, PNP, NPN, Sziklai/Darlington circuits, Brontoboost, capacitor values, bias points, i can't stop, it's been going on for months, when is enough enough?
8) I look forward to do the laundry.
9) I hate the winter and cold but like shovelling snow, there's something about being out there watching others struggling with the task i'm having fun with.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Gledison

Quote from: madbean on February 12, 2014, 03:15:38 PM

Truth. My "one that got away" was a redhead. She dumped me...twice! We're still friends though. PS I love my wife in case she is reading this.
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

GermanCdn

Yeah, it's Clancy.  The beauty is you can download the completely unabridged books on Audible for the same price as the short versions, and the unabridged ones usually run from 32 - 50 hours, so you can solder a lot of joints/drill a lot of holes in that time.

And yes, I was serious about Jack Reacher.  I've listened to every single Lee Child book while building, probably because I don't have to pay too much attention to it, as the story lines are very similar (Jack comes across normal citizens being victimized, finds femme fatale, breaks many bones, leaves on the next bus out of town, think I've covered it).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

playpunk

you forgot "has sex with femme fatale in highly improbable circumstances."
"my legend grows" - playpunk

DutchMF

i go gaga over redheads, i don't know what it is but they drive me out of my mind.

Same here, so I married one... Funny that redheads are so popular over here!

fictional novels about CIA agents, or silly stuff like jack reacher.
This is about all I ever read. After doing about 2000 pages of it during a 2-week holiday in Greece, I decided it was time for an e-reader.....  :o

i haven't had a cigarette in over 8 years.
Wish I could say that, still smoking like a chimney. First thing in the morning, last thing at night.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

raulduke

Leevibe

- I left my iron on AGAIN all night last night.  I haven't done that for months and now I've done it twice in a row

- I don't know the true lyrics to almost any of the music I listen to.  Not because they're hard to hear, I just don't ever pay attention

- On the lyrics thing, songs that I've thought I knew the lyrics to, I was way wrong.

Pink Floyd is a great example.

the real lyrics:

We don't need no education
We dont need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

OK, here's what I thought they were when I was a kid:

We don't need no education
We dont need no school's control
The doctor has 'em in the classroom  (alternatively:  The Dukes of Hazzard in the classroom)
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!
Oh ya know it's just another brick in the wall.
Oh ya know you're just another brick in the wall.

PhiloB

LeeVibe, lyric confusion should be a whole other thread.  As a teenager I knew the name of the Sade song 'Smooth Operator' and still thought she was saying 'Oooh Babaretta'.
This is also a confession that I would entertain and sing out loud a Sade song amongst the Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, DRI etc that I was listening to at the time.

Haberdasher

Quote from: DutchMF on February 12, 2014, 04:43:23 PM
i go gaga over redheads, i don't know what it is but they drive me out of my mind.

Same here, so I married one... Funny that redheads are so popular over here!

fictional novels about CIA agents, or silly stuff like jack reacher.
This is about all I ever read. After doing about 2000 pages of it during a 2-week holiday in Greece, I decided it was time for an e-reader.....  :o

i haven't had a cigarette in over 8 years.
Wish I could say that, still smoking like a chimney. First thing in the morning, last thing at night.

Paul
haha, yeah.  move over klon, redheads are the new unicorns.
i heartily recommend quitting cigs, but i'll be honest.  it was one of the toughest things i've ever done in my life.  it took a full 5 years for me not to want a smoke every time something pissed me off.  5 years, man.  :-\

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 12, 2014, 04:06:49 PM
Yeah, it's Clancy.  The beauty is you can download the completely unabridged books on Audible for the same price as the short versions, and the unabridged ones usually run from 32 - 50 hours, so you can solder a lot of joints/drill a lot of holes in that time.

And yes, I was serious about Jack Reacher.  I've listened to every single Lee Child book while building, probably because I don't have to pay too much attention to it, as the story lines are very similar (Jack comes across normal citizens being victimized, finds femme fatale, breaks many bones, leaves on the next bus out of town, think I've covered it).
thanks man.  i'll check out the clancy stuff.

and you've just hit on the very reason i listen to reacher and the ilk.  there's a lot of it, it is fairly entertaining, and if i turn the shop vac on and miss a couple of minutes i'm not too fussed about it.

anyway, if someone ever orders a pcb from me and a couple of holes are slightly off-center, it's probably because reacher was kicking the crap out of someone at the time. ;)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS