News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Quote from: icecycle66 on February 12, 2014, 06:13:58 PM
I like my $600 off the shelf ESP Ltd F205 better than my $6500 pure custom that was modeled after the ESP.

My ESP is the "grab in case of fire" bass.
Strange how that works. I play my $90 Danelectro ebay special a ton more than my $2000.+ Godin.

mattlee0037

I spent about an hour today watching men's figure skating after seeing Jacob brown's US Nationals perfomance... It was really goooodddd

Leevibe

My wife and I make up lyrics to the Olympic theme

DutchMF

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

the3secondrule

#1 I'm turning 35 this year and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. A musician? Maybe an astronaut. or Batman. probably all equally likely at this point

#2 I've burnt my legs while soldering in my undies. more than once  :o

#3 telephone conversations make me anxious. they have my entire life. I've been working in call centres for the past 10 years. (wheres that facepalm smiley?)

#4 I shouldn't have admitted to #2  :P
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Cortexturizer

My office is right next to a call center so I feel for you man, really really hard work that.
Also telephones make me anxious, if a call lasts more than a minute I become enraged. I really envy Davent for not having a cell phone, ever.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: the3secondrule on February 13, 2014, 01:43:39 AM
#2 I've burnt my legs while soldering in my undies. more than once  :o

At least you only burned your legs  :o

Learn from my mistakes. Close the flap..........
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

micromegas

Quote from: Cortexturizer on February 13, 2014, 01:56:27 AM
My office is right next to a call center so I feel for you man, really really hard work that.
Also telephones make me anxious, if a call lasts more than a minute I become enraged. I really envy Davent for not having a cell phone, ever.

Sme with me.... but if there's something I really hate is Whatsapp and beeing all day connected to the internet.

It is funny the fact that I'm actually working in developing apps for smartphones but don't have one myself  (I secretly hate them).

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Cortexturizer

Similar with me, I'm a SEM dude, or more prominently a PPC dude, but secretly I loathe the world of marketing quite strongly.

I see what you did with this thread Brian. I see what you did there.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Willybomb

I love doing every part of pedal building up to the actual boxing itself.  That gives me the shits.

I often look things up on google, have a thought about something else, get distracted by what I was googling initially, and seconds I can't remember what it was that I thought about looking up.  Drives me nuts.

I don't have the inclination to sit down and commit to watching TV.  I'd rather read, or play something on the PC.

Not much of a secret, but I hate facebook and smartphones.

raulduke

Guitar Confession: I don't like the majority of Eric Clapton's material.

I went to see him with my dad when I was sixteen, and it was mind numbingly dull.

m-Kresol

I loathe Google and Facebook. And I hate that most bands only anounce stuff on their facebook pages nowadays.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Haberdasher

Quote from: raulduke on February 13, 2014, 04:11:25 AM

I went to see him with my dad when I was sixteen, and it was mind numbingly dull.
too true.  i never understood the clapton is god thing at all.  good player, solid player, but boooooring.  i don't care for his style or material tbh, and i confess I've always thought he was one of those lucky guys who came along at just the right time.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

I saw him on my 17th birthday, over consumed and slept through the majority of the show.  Mind numbing in a different way.

The opening act was good, I think....Maybe.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: Haberdasher on February 13, 2014, 08:20:54 AM

too true.  i never understood the clapton is god thing at all.  good player, solid player, but boooooring.  i don't care for his style or material tbh, and i confess I've always thought he was one of those lucky guys who came along at just the right time.

I actually think his early work with Cream and John Mayall was really quite good.  But I feel like he's been phoning it in for a while now.  Clapton is God?  That was always overblown.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper