News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I have another confession I think.

4) I really, really, really enjoy Star Wars.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lincolnic

Quote from: jkokura on February 13, 2014, 08:44:40 PM

Jacob

It's not a confession if we already know that, Jacob.

jkokura

Quote from: lincolnic on February 13, 2014, 08:48:26 PM

Jacob

It's not a confession if we already know that, Jacob.

Wha?!?!?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mattlee0037

Quote from: jimilee on February 13, 2014, 08:33:27 PM

So are you talking pre or post ziggy stardust?

I started with his first album and now I'm on The Rise and Fall which is a fantastic album, much better than most of his earlier stuff, so I suppose I'll find out soon!

pickdropper

I think Bowie's great.  I tend to pretend the Dancing in the Streets thing never happened, though.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

His new one is a return to form, shades of Scary Monsters, really tasty!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

billstein

Really liked Bowie until the whole clown suit stuff. He lost me there.

juansolo

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 13, 2014, 02:26:47 PM
Music confession - I like Nickelback.  And Creed.  Please don't ban me.

Nickelback I'll allow, but Creed... *points at the door* OUT!  ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 13, 2014, 04:48:00 PM
I have friends that I have been close to for most of my life. They know what I was and who I am now and I love surprising them from time to time. I have one buddy that we have TONS of musical interests and we still listen to most of the stuff from Junior High and High School like: Sisters of Mercy, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Joy Division, Front 242... etc but today I expanded to pop and hip hop. I listen to most everything except Country. I grew up with a father that was in a Country Rock band and I guess I got burned on it or just never really liked it. I love seeing my buddy's face when I put on a Justin Timberlake song on in the car or watching him cringe with the supposed "wanabe joy division bands" like Interpol and White Lies. I am glad I can enjoy such diverse music.. I think I am happier for that.

Cody

Oddly I really quite like the music my parents were into. My dad is into Buddy Holly, The Beach Boys, early Elton John and Neil Diamond. I can deal with all that. My mum was more into soul and had more hippy leanings. Hell, I can even deal with The Carpenters.

I do wonder about their sanity though, I remember we used to rotate who played what in the car, and my brother put a Sabbath tape in and my dad commenting that Ozzy had a really good voice... (I remember I used to play a lot of Queen in the car at the time). My taste in music was obviously heavily influenced by my elder brother also who was into Sabbath, Purple, Kiss and the like. I really didn't fit in with what people listened to at school.

It does mean that I'm into a fairly wide variety of music from industrial metal to folky stuff and everything in between.

Except country.

Does anyone outside the southern bit of the US like country?
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

irmcdermott

Quote from: juansolo on February 14, 2014, 12:25:24 AM

Country music is pretty much popular all over the USA. While yes, the South is where it's probably the most prevalent and popular, it's gone very mainstream country wide.

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: juansolo on February 14, 2014, 12:25:24 AM

I'm in the south and I hate country. I don't even know anyone that does like it. Mostly its the rednecks and older folks that do.  And the thing is, country is dead. If you watch CMT you will see that it is pop using corny stereotypes to make themselves look country.

Hopefully that was still keeping it light ;D
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

Leevibe

Jacob

Me too, but it doesn't feel too much like a confession to say so. Unless we're talking about the prequels.  If I liked those it would be a confession. I'm an episodes 4, 5, 6 guy.

raulduke

Another guitar confession: Shredder Guitar albums. I don't like 'em.

I'm talking Satriani, Vai, Gilbert, Malmsteem etc.

I like a solo as much as anyone else, but an hour straight of widdling. No thanks... I'll pass  ;D

Cortexturizer

Ok here's one - I'm a psychopath for loudness. Still haven't had the chance to play on a festival type stage, but I think only that will satisfy my need to pluck a string of a twang enabled guitar [tele, sg, neck pickup of strat] and feel the immense low end that slays. I get really really down, when I have to lower the volume on rehearsals [which I do, I'm not harassing anyone].
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Haberdasher

i've never built anything on vero
i've never used "lead-free" solder
i can't use solder braid to save my life
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS