News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

Can confirm: In the South, hate country.

Also agree on shredder albums, no thanks.

While I'm on musical things I can't get into...The Beatles.

There, I said it. I've listened to several albums to try them out, but it's just not something that I can say I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

marauder

Quote from: Leevibe on February 14, 2014, 01:37:41 AM
Quote from: jkokura on February 13, 2014, 08:44:40 PM
I have another confession I think.

4) I really, really, really enjoy Star Wars.

Jacob

Me too, but it doesn't feel too much like a confession to say so. Unless we're talking about the prequels.  If I liked those it would be a confession. I'm an episodes 4, 5, 6 guy.

*Points at user name*

EDIT: That doesn't really work when you're posting on Cleggy's iPad  ::) /Juansolo (I always shoot first...)

angrykoko

• I choose my next build projects based off ProGuitar Shop or chromesphere's demos
  • I want to own each black arts toneworks pedals because the art is cool and I've convinced myself that pharaoh will be collectible in 20 years
  • It takes me an hour to drill the fist hole in an enclosure because I'm afraid I've measured wrong or have things upside down
  • I've been learning stariway to heaven just to be "that guy"
  • I am avoiding doing my job right now
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

TNblueshawk

Juan, ballsy move dude. Mine aren't that big to where I think I could just up and quit. I think my wife would also just pass out and die since I make about 80% of the mulla. But, I admire your stance and completely get it.

BB King...I currently have I think 74 or so of his albums. I've got 20 to go. I'm a "completist" on him. It took me at least 15 hours give or take a few hours to track down his actual albums vs junk they just threw together and put out there and I have them on a spreadsheet. Now that I type that out I believe that is another confession. There is a reason Jeff Beck wants to sound like him but says he can't (among other legends). Don't get me wrong. He has mailed it in on some and put out a few stinkers but I'll cut him some slack. Read his biography and you will too.

SRV boring. Wow. Pick up a copy at Live at the El Macambo and let us know what you think. But either way to each his own for sure.

I really jumped on here to comment on country. I've lived in Nashville since 1980. Came from Socal. I didn't like country and I mean any kind of country then and I like it even less now. But, if I lined up 100 people at any given time in the street I'd venture a guess that 90 of them would say they like country or at least what is country today and they all aren't rednecks...although many are  ;D

Ok, here is a my musical confession.

I don't like Johnny Cash. Does nothing for me. But, I do get it and understand why people dig him. I get his place and what he represented and did etc...

John

Micpoc

- The first two albums I bought with my own money were Queen's A Day At The Races upon release (I already had A Night At The Opera and Sheer Heart Attack) and Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica–no lie, and on the same day as well. Took me a long time to really get into the Beefheart thing, though.

- I graduated from law school but have never been able to pass the bar.

- I haven't been in a band for many years... possibly because I enjoy rehearsing more than performing.

- I developed a deep love of Brussels sprouts quite late in life.

- Heavy metal - the music, the culture, the whole thing - does nothing for me.

- I hate football.

- My electric guitar of choice is a dirt-cheap, made in Korea black Parker PM10 Hornet.

davent

For three years running, in the very recent past had season tickets to the National Ballet of Canada ( and would attend solo when the others couldn't get there.)

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

flanagan0718

Continued
5. I listen to terrible music. Ask anyone who is friends with me, I'll be the first to admit it. Some of my faves include New Found Glory, Jamie's Elsewhere, Funeral For a Friend (the Welsh band) and...wait for it...Limp Bizkit (Wes is in my top 10 favorite guitarists). That being said I also listen to some good stuff too, +1 for Jeff Beck and Pantera. I also really dig 80's music.

6. I can't stand Pink Floyd. There it is, I said it. To me, The music is terrible, I don't like the vocalist and there is too much hype around their mediocre talent. To name a couple of others: U2, Dropkick Murphys, Elvis, and the Rolling Stones. Sorry guys, had to say it.

7. I am 30 years old and still find nut shots and fart jokes to be hysterically funny.

8. I listen to audio books a lot on my commute to and from work (I have at least 1 hour each way). The other day I was listening to "The Haunting of Hill House" and I, for some reason, thought that as I turned up the volume the reader would get louder and louder until they would be screaming the book at me. I felt quite ridiculous telling my wife that.

GermanCdn

Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 14, 2014, 07:24:44 AM
Continued

6. I can't stand Pink Floyd. There it is, I said it. To me, The music is terrible, I don't like the vocalist and there is too much hype around their mediocre talent. To name a couple of others: U2, Dropkick Murphys, Elvis, and the Rolling Stones. Sorry guys, had to say it.

+1.  Probably explains why I don't understand the fascination with the BMP.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

sonarchotic

[/quote]

Does anyone outside the southern bit of the US like country?
[/quote]
I am in the South and feel the same way about country that I feel about all music genres. There's some great stuff that captures the spirit of that genre and there is a lot that doesn't. Almost everything on country radio is nauseating dog shit. I do however love a lot of the outlaw era of country as well as a lot of the original country artists. Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Buck Owens, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Merle Travis and Merle Haggard are a few examples of good country to me. I don't love every song by these guys, nor do I love every song by any artist, but I like enough to say I'm a fan of them.

raulduke

Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 14, 2014, 07:24:44 AM
Continued
5. I listen to terrible music. Ask anyone who is friends with me, I'll be the first to admit it. Some of my faves include New Found Glory, Jamie's Elsewhere, Funeral For a Friend (the Welsh band) and...wait for it...Limp Bizkit (Wes is in my top 10 favorite guitarists). That being said I also listen to some good stuff too, +1 for Jeff Beck and Pantera. I also really dig 80's music.

7. I am 30 years old and still find nut shots and fart jokes to be hysterically funny.

8. I listen to audio books a lot on my commute to and from work (I have at least 1 hour each way). The other day I was listening to "The Haunting of Hill House" and I, for some reason, thought that as I turned up the volume the reader would get louder and louder until they would be screaming the book at me. I felt quite ridiculous telling my wife that.

Nut Shot Clips are timeless. I don't think there will ever be a day when I don't appreciate a good nut shot.

Unless its me thats getting the bollock-tapping of course  ;D

DutchMF

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on February 14, 2014, 04:06:46 AM
While I'm on musical things I can't get into...The Beatles.

There, I said it. I've listened to several albums to try them out, but it's just not something that I can say I like.

Finally I've found someone else! It's real easy for me to get into fights with other musicians/music enthusiasts: I hate The Beatles and I hate Nirvana.

Oh, and does anybody around here like Duran Duran? I do........

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

icecycle66

You're either a Beatles man or an Elvis man.
I must confess, I'm neither.
I'm a Chuck Berry man.

alanp

Angelo, so is Angus Young, so you're in good company :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Quote from: Micpoc on February 14, 2014, 06:54:35 AMbut have never been able to pass the bar.

I have a similar problem. Sweet nectar...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS