News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cupcake, Mudbunny (MadBean) and Fuzzstainer (Midwayfair)

Started by koky, February 12, 2014, 12:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koky

Since my job is Furniture Designer and Maker I have access to wood supplies I decided to drill some boxes instead of buying aluminium one. Some of you will say why they are not shielded but since there is no noise and I don`t have copper or alum foil I will leave them like that.
Cupcake - etched board no subs at all. Great sound. Very happy I am.
Mudbunny - etched board. Can`t remember witch version i have build.  I have to tweak it a little bit because I have some problems with one of the pots but I am pleased with First Ever Big Muff I have.
Sam Ash Fuzzstainer 1590A - first pedal I boxed before rock it. ALL pots was wired backwards :( . Solved. At first it didn`t started but after some audio probe and DMM measuring I found that the signal is lost after Q1 Base. Then I measured +9v path and after 1n5817 ( mine is 1n5819 ) there is no current. Long story short. That particular diode was backwards and still is on the layout. Now I have working Fuzz and I`m so glad I did it .

These days I will go to my mother to see if she still keeps my old pyrograph to label these boxes. Can someone suggest names for them?
Kostadin
"When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it." - Christopher McCandless

midwayfair

Very nice work, koky!

Thanks for the headsup on the fuzzstainer diode  :-[ I've fixed it in the 1590A layout (it was correct in the 1590B layout).

How are you planning on doing the labeling? Because burning graphics into wood looks awesome if you want to try that. Just know what you're going to say before you do it! :)

micromegas

I love wooden pedals. I often dream about having enough dexterity in wood work to build something like this:

And your work reminded me of that one. That is some good work!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

chuckbuick

lincolnic

These are great! Come back and update us once you get them labeled!