News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Did someone mention Cürling?

Started by Vallhagen, February 18, 2014, 09:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vallhagen

... as we came to talk about it at work today, i thought i should share it... even if it was a few years ago, its the olympic games goin on right now, and this video maybe didnt make it much outside the swedish borders :)

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

RobA

I remember seeing this when it came out. I can't remember which games it was though. I can almost remember something about one of the guys in the band being the husband of one of the team members. I thought it was pretty cute and fun.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Willybomb

Man, I was in tears.  That was great!

Vallhagen

Quote from: RobA on February 19, 2014, 03:49:23 AM
I remember seeing this when it came out. I can't remember which games it was though. I can almost remember something about one of the guys in the band being the husband of one of the team members. I thought it was pretty cute and fun.

Must have been in the time of the 2006 winter olympic games. Team Norberg won gold (as they also did 2010). I'm not sure about the full background, but as i remember it someone in public media said something like "four academic women in a dusty sport as curling, how rock'n'roll is that"? ..and Anette Norberg replied "well, you wait n see".

Cheerio

Bret608

I am glad you mentioned curling. I live in Wisconsin, which along with Minnesota has a heavily Nordic heritage. Curling is pretty big here--one of my colleagues at work has a daughter on the U.S. Olympic curling team, actually! My daughters were able to try it out for the first time this past weekend. I grew up in a much hotter part of the country, so seeing them take to winter sports so naturally is awesome.

But I have to say, judging by this video, at least two members of the Swedish women's curling team are cuter than the U.S. team as far as I can remember them!  ;)

jimilee

Ohy gosh, please help me. I can't stop watching curling!!!!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

I once curled against, and beat, Jennifer Jones (the skip of the Canadian Team) in juniors, so by transitive property, I believe I am a world class women's curler at this point.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 19, 2014, 01:59:45 PM
I once curled against, and beat, Jennifer Jones (the skip of the Canadian Team) in juniors, so by transitive property, I believe I am a world class women's curler at this point.

That's a relief.  We've all been saying that about you for years...
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Jävla söt!!!  ;D

(transliterated that; I'm sure it doesn't make good sense)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

das234

My 7 year old cracked up at the cat video.

I found out a couple years ago that I'm related to Sandra Schmirler (Schmirler the Curler), which probably means nothing to anyone except our Canadian guys, who may remember the flags in Canada being flown at half staff in her honor when she died in 2000.  Anyway, she was a big deal in curling so maybe I should try it; I could be a natural!

Vallhagen

Quote from: culturejam on February 19, 2014, 02:15:36 PM
Jävla söt!!!  ;D

(transliterated that; I'm sure it doesn't make good sense)

Ah, it makes fairly good sense 8) ... the form "Jävla sött" is more correct though ;D

icecycle66

I love the sound of the stone on the ice.

Droogie

Quote from: Bret608 on February 19, 2014, 09:23:35 AM
But I have to say, judging by this video, at least two members of the Swedish women's curling team are cuter than the U.S. team as far as I can remember them!  ;)

Although the British skip is well... I wouldn't kick her out of bed for leaving the hack behind the house (if you know what I mean  ;)).
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

jkokura

Soooo....

Did anyone else notice that Canada is the reigning Women's AND Men's Olympic Curling Champions now?

Just saying...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals