News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mutron Flanger

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, February 20, 2014, 11:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Larry's (armdnrdy) Mutron Flanger project. Hands down one of the best flangers I have used. The sweepable filter makes it exceptional! Unfortunately.. it must go  :-\ but, I wanted to throw up these pics here to encourage more builds. YOU WONT REGRET IT!!! Sorry for the blurry pics... it was a big coffee day for me!

And... some guts!!! The PCB is missing the 4011 clock chip in the picture. Also, the LED/LDR board has a 5mm Yellow LED installed which I replaced with a 3mm since I failed to read the build doc COMPLETELY!  :icon_redface:

sonarchotic

Well I'm blown away. This is awesome! Where did you get the wah shell from? I'll have to look this project up. Did you build this for someone else? I'd hate to see it go.

bcalla

Wow, what could be cooler than this?

LaceSensor

alanp

I remember being quite impressed by armdnrdy (sp?)'s thread on diysb. I'd like to build one myself, but borked Morley shells aren't that common (or I haven't looked, one or the two).

That's a really nice build :) Quite impressive!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimijam

is there a project for this that someone put together? I'd like to check this out for a future build? where can I find the build info?
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

Govmnt_Lacky

Thanks all...

Info for this can be found over at DIYSB. It was Larry's baby and it sounds AWESOME!!!

Didn't intend to build it for someone else but, Uncle Sam has come calling on me this tax season and I need to come up with some dough  :'(

Gledison

Very nice! Did you make the box yourself ? i think is quite difficult to find wah shells with reasonable prices...
great work
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

peAk

GrindCustoms

Much respect to you! That is one awesome built.

In all my Mutron love this is one i've been hunting... might have to build one... Think it's time to purchase a cheapo morley volume pedal just for the enclosure need.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

fendman

Hey Greg, I saw you were involved with Larry's project but hadn't realised you had built it... Congrats, The plate looks really good on yours 8) I heard Larry's demo of the flanger and it is something else.
Been following the project for a while...but getting a Morley shell was the stumbling block. But i have one now which was going for repair or parts so it looks like I am in business :)

Should be with me in a couple of days, the PCB looks great to etch so looking forward to this epic flanger.
I agree with you, more people should have a go at this well documented project. I am currently following his new project that tests BBD devices..another classic in the making.

Cheers
Mike

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: fendman on February 24, 2014, 03:27:37 PM
I agree with you, more people should have a go at this well documented project. I am currently following his new project that tests BBD devices..another classic in the making.

To be honest... I really don't see the BBD tester being very "big" per say...

I mean, how many people will actually go through the build process on it? Would you spend $200 worth of parts and time to test 3 or 4 BBDs from China with a total value of $30? Probably not.

I do however, think that some people will find it extremely useful. Those builders out there that have "fully bloomed" and are doing semi-mass production would find it invaluable.

Back to the Flanger! You definitely wont regret it. I absolutely LOVE mine and I am sorry it will have to go. I might even consider building another if the circumstance presents itself  ;)

I will admit that I am a bit discouraged with the lack of interest that this and other projects that I have been a part of have seen. The Mutron Flanger, Gilmour Flanger, etc. Seems like there is little to no interest in what I consider "challenging" projects. By challenging I mean builds that take you out of your comfort zone and take a bit of involvement. I pretty much build strictly on the challenge factor alone now-a-days.