News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A Wee Brannigan

Started by pickdropper, February 21, 2014, 02:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I didn't really have any high gain drives on my mini board, so I did a layout for a mini riot.  I incorporated the two extra caps on the clipping section (like ChiBoy) but I haven't tried them out yet.

This is the first of two builds.  I originally wasn't going to box this one up as I just built it to verify the board.  The next one will have the four germanium clippers in the clipping section (these are BAT46).  I have a nice purple sparkle case coming for that one, but since it isn't here yet, I decided to throw this one in a box.

I didn't really have any high gain drives on my mini board, so I did a layout for a mini riot.  I incorporated the two extra caps on the clipping section (like ChiBoy) but I haven't tried them out yet.

This is the first of two builds.  I originally wasn't going to box this one up as I just built it to verify the board.  The next one will have the four germanium clippers in the clipping section (these are BAT46).  I have a nice purple sparkle case coming for that one, but since it isn't here yet, I decided to throw this one in a box.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

muddyfox

Talk to me about that laser etch... it doesn't seem as clean as the previous ones?

pickdropper

Quote from: muddyfox on February 21, 2014, 02:10:01 PM

Talk to me about that laser etch... it doesn't seem as clean as the previous ones?

It's not, really.  The rosette had such fine detail that some of it got lost during the etch process.  For the next one, I may actually have to reduce the resolution of the image in order to make it look cleaner.  It's a bummer, because the source image is really cool.

I will say that I think it looks better in person.  When you back away from it a bit, it isn't as obvious.
Function f(x)

televisiondown

I wouldn't change a thing. I think it looks great!
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

muddyfox

Yeah I was kinda wondering what the resolution of burned powdercoat might be...?

Bret608

I recognize that awesome graphic from your Cosmo! This has your signature look for sure. Layout is gorgeous too.

Did you order your purple sparkle case from PPP, by the way? If so, which of their purples is it? My daughter has requested I use a sparkly purple on the Mutron Phaser I'm doing, but I'm not sure what shade fits the bill best.

pickdropper

It's actually the same rosette from my earlier Uproar build.

Yep, I ordered the purple sparkle from PPP.  If you want, I can take a photo of it for you when it gets here.
Function f(x)

croquet hoop

Amazing as usual, both inside and outside. I have a small Riot pcb too, with 6 mm resistors but a simplified clipping section (the Ge clippers are gone so it uses a SPDT to choose between two settings). Tradeoffs... nice to see how you managed to implement everything!

Bret608

Quote from: pickdropper on February 21, 2014, 03:01:08 PM

Yep, I ordered the purple sparkle from PPP.  If you want, I can take a photo of it for you when it gets here.

I actually just found it on their site--guess I haven't scrolled through all the colors in a while!  :-[  I'd still love to see a picture though as your lighting is always better.

pickdropper

Quote from: Bret608 on February 21, 2014, 04:09:40 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on February 21, 2014, 03:01:08 PM

I actually just found it on their site--guess I haven't scrolled through all the colors in a while!  :-[  I'd still love to see a picture though as your lighting is always better.

Sure, I'll take a photo.  My lighting isn't great, but theirs is particularly bad.  I generally think they are a great company, but their photos are really an inconvenience for their customers as you don't really know what it is going to look like until you get it.
Function f(x)

pedalhealer

Awhhh...very nice! Is the blue LED a simply bright LED?
www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com

billstein

I think I've run out of adjectives for your work. Your 1590a work is always amazing.

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: billstein on February 21, 2014, 08:00:29 PM
I think I've run out of adjectives for your work. Your 1590a work is always amazing.

Yeah me too, so I just say..."Dude, sweet pedal braugh." 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jonathan

wgc

Sweet!  I just did an smd layout, no switch though.  Love the etch
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Gledison

Im jealous! it looks great! im wondering how did you manage to add so many parts inside of a 1590a enclosure, even a baby board...Geezz!
keep posting please, help me with my learning!!!
thanks for sharing!!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?