News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Studio board

Started by madbean, February 27, 2014, 03:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Heading out of town for a couple of days to put some finishing touches on the new record. Finally re-assembled the pedalboard. I'm taking the prototypes for the Function F(x) fuzz and also our overdrive (both sound bad ass). Plus the Ditto, Mobius and Timeline. Only missing a compressor, but I did not have time to box up my BearHug :(

gtr2

Wish I could zoom in more to see that sweet overdrive  8)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

culturejam

You can do a whole lot with that compact board. Awesome.  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

flanagan0718

pickdropper

Very nice, Brian.  I can't wait to hear the recordings.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

Brian, I can mail you a Bearhug V2 to use. Like, tomorrow morning. Would it get to you in time?

selfdestroyer

Many faces can be melted with that setup. Have fun in the studio Brian.

Cody

madbean

Quote from: midwayfair on February 27, 2014, 05:30:29 PM
Brian, I can mail you a Bearhug V2 to use. Like, tomorrow morning. Would it get to you in time?

Thanks, but I did not see your post in time. I appreciate the offer but it turns out I did not need a compressor.

The session went great! Turns out I had just what I needed with this board to complete the overdubs. I went in without any particular ideas in mind and we just listened to the tunes one at a time. When I heard something to add, we futz around with the Mobius and Timeline to find interesting sounds. Some tunes were literally one or two note overdubs, but really interesting sounds. I'm very pleased with the Mobius, and had not spent too much time with it beforehand. Mostly, we used some pattern trem and a bit of quadrature. Swell made several appearances.

Hopefully I can put up a sample track soon. This record is a very big step away from the previous and in a good way. It is so chill...very moody.

jkokura

Brilliant Brian. I'll pick it up when it's out.

Also, I'm always impressed by Strymon's products while I use them, but I didn't have a the greatest experience with their Customer Service the other day. You'd think that if you bought a $300 delay and a $450 delay, you'd get something that plays nice with others, and some decent customer service.

I still want a Big Sky, but now I'm watching Space vids on Youtube.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

Quote from: madbean on March 04, 2014, 03:34:11 PMSome tunes were literally one or two note overdubs

Seriously, those are the best. I mean, sometimes that one note has to be there, but it's a challenge to remember that it's the only one that does ...

Gledison

Cool Brian,
i hope all went well. and yeah, post some sample please!
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?