News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wobuliker (Lovetone Wobulator) AlanP Tremopanation

Started by LaceSensor, February 24, 2014, 06:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyssj1

lace you should make a demo of this and the phaser :)

alanp

Huh. I had my rate exp pot at the top of the enclosure, and the input jack at the bottom of mine (the enclosure had a big ridge in the middle inside I didn't want to go near.) Probably why I didn't strike this.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

LaceSensor

Quote from: alanp on February 25, 2014, 08:15:28 PM
Huh. I had my rate exp pot at the top of the enclosure, and the input jack at the bottom of mine (the enclosure had a big ridge in the middle inside I didn't want to go near.) Probably why I didn't strike this.

True that.
I will know for next time

LaceSensor

Drey23

Just built my own wobulator, and came upon this topic via google. I thought I'll ask here in the topic instead of posting a new one.

There are a couple things with my clone that seem odd:

1.) Still have some ticking noise although the LFO Pedal Jack is not really near the input. Input wire is shielded. Pedal LFO wire too.

2.) One LED is a couple of ms behind even in Tremolo Mode where both LFO's should be syncronised. Not a big issue on higher LFO rates but you really hear it when you use the pedal in stereo. Is this due some part tolerances?

3.) I can still change the rate of LFO2 even in Tremolo Mode, the LED blinks in a rather unconventional waveform, it doesn't looke like a triangle or a square. I have a hard time distinguishing the different waveforms, on my clone I have the impression that I only have 2 of them, the other 2 positions sound exactly the same.

Other than that everything else is working

P.S Bought a doppelganger PCB a while ago from you Lace, clone turned out great!

LaceSensor

Quote from: Drey23 on August 22, 2020, 04:07:00 PM
Just built my own wobulator, and came upon this topic via google. I thought I'll ask here in the topic instead of posting a new one.

There are a couple things with my clone that seem odd:

1.) Still have some ticking noise although the LFO Pedal Jack is not really near the input. Input wire is shielded. Pedal LFO wire too.

2.) One LED is a couple of ms behind even in Tremolo Mode where both LFO's should be syncronised. Not a big issue on higher LFO rates but you really hear it when you use the pedal in stereo. Is this due some part tolerances?

3.) I can still change the rate of LFO2 even in Tremolo Mode, the LED blinks in a rather unconventional waveform, it doesn't looke like a triangle or a square. I have a hard time distinguishing the different waveforms, on my clone I have the impression that I only have 2 of them, the other 2 positions sound exactly the same.

Other than that everything else is working

P.S Bought a doppelganger PCB a while ago from you Lace, clone turned out great!

1) Unless you are meticulous its hard to eliminate. Try various things then try again.

2) Dont know the answer to that. In the first three modes, the Left and Right "sides" should be syncronised entirely, as they are driven from LFO1 only. The fourth mode brings in the second LFO, meaning you have have separate rates for the Left and Right "sides".

3) Sounds like your rotary switch is borked, or youve got another issue somewhere.

For the avoidance of doubt, there are TWO LFO waveshapes on a Wobulator, FOUR different "tremolo" type of arrangments, and either ONE or TWO LFO oscillators.

There are 4 modes.
1 TREM - both Left and Right move up and down at the same time, but with a "cross-over" effect where Left is low pass filtered and Right is high pass filtered.
2 PAN - Left and Right move in anti-phase without a cross-over, akin to a normal "figure-of-eight" auto-panner.
3 VIB - same as TREM but in anti-phase, creating subtle phase cancellation (and therefore pitch and volume change) effects.
4 DUAL TREM - this again uses the cross-over but brings into play the second LFO. Left is now driven by LFO 1 and right by LFO 2.

In Mode 4 (Dual Trem) LFO1 drives the left side, and operates at lower frequencies than LFO2 which drive the right side.

Each LFO has the option of either a TRIANGLE or a SQUARE waveform, indicated by the four different selections on the (other) rotary switch.
IF you are getting any sort of waveform that doesnt look like a square or a triangle, then you made an error in the build.

Trigger and Pedal options only affect LFO1.

Thanks for your purchase of the Doppelganger PCB and I am glad you enjoyed the process and product.

Cheers, Ian (Gigahearts_FX)