American Horror Story
The Bridge
Top Chef
Ultimate Fighter
American Ninja Warrior (son loves it)

Want to watch:

The Americans

Watched and is over now:

Six Feet Under (Favorite series of all time)

Stomptown

Current hows I watch throughout the year:
Walking Dead (because who doesn't)
Shameless (the name says it all!)
Mad Men (falling off a bit lately)
True Blood (because my wife makes me)
Californication (WARNING: your wife/girlfriend will not like this one!)
How I met your mother (I'm going to finish this series no matter how bad this season gets!)
Parenthood (cheesy but good)
Boardwalk Empire (They killed off my favorite character and I've lost my motivation on this one. Need to catch up!)

Recommended shows no longer on the air:
Six Feet Under (best last episode to a series ever! Great from start to finish.)
Dexter (worst last episode to a series ever! Good from start to 2nd to last episode!)
Breaking Bad
Curb Your Enthusiasm (pretty, pretty, pretty good!)

madbean

culturejam

I was originally thinking of "legit" series on the cable networks, but I guess major network sit-coms and dramadies other other trash-tv shows are okay too.  :)

Reality stuff I like:
Top Chef
Chopped
Bar Rescue
Gold Rush (even though it's total garbage now)

Since we're going with garbage as well, I must admit some guilty pleasures:

16 and Pregnant  ;D
Wife Swap
Lockup
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Govmnt_Lacky

I will admit... they kinda copped out with Dexter. I guess they wanted to leave a door open for a movie or something. Still dont regret watching..... unlike LOST! Seemed like 6 years of my life wasted 1 hour at a time with that ending!

Odd note: Anyone know that the woman who played Kate on lost got her start doing those late night "adult" chat line commercials?  ::)

haveyouseenhim

I don't watch a lot of TV, but I'm going ape shit over walking dead. I do agree the way they talk ALL THE TIME in that super serious strained whisper gets annoying.

Carl still needs an ass whoopin though.   >:(
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

peAk

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 25, 2014, 11:24:48 AM
I will admit... they kinda copped out with Dexter. I guess they wanted to leave a door open for a movie or something. Still dont regret watching..... unlike LOST! Seemed like 6 years of my life wasted 1 hour at a time with that ending!

Odd note: Anyone know that the woman who played Kate on lost got her start doing those late night "adult" chat line commercials?  ::)

Call me crazy, I liked the ending to Lost!!

GermanCdn

Quote from: culturejam on February 25, 2014, 11:16:30 AM
Since we're going with garbage as well, I must admit some guilty pleasures:

16 and Pregnant  ;D

Gotta say, that statement creeps me out just a little bit.

I'm kidding.

In response to "making" her watch football all summer (we only have like four TVs, two iPads, and four laptops, it's not like she couldn't go watch something else if she wanted to), my darling beloved makes me watch Sister Wives and Honey Boo Boo.  I can literally feel my brain cells committing gracious acts of murder suicide during those hours of the week.  Remember when TLC stood for "The Learning Channel"?  Ain't no learning no more.

I assume you are equally being held hostage for 16 and Pregnant.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Gledison

A loy have been said!
Currently warching:
True detective
House of cards
Sherlock and Elementary ( im a sherlock addicted :P)
During eating, the big bang theory :P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

selfdestroyer

The wife and I have 2 set days a week that we catch up on TV shows. I really got tired of the sitcoms these days so this is just a list of shows I watch with her. She watched a TON of other stuff also. lol

The wife and I are currently watching:
The Walking Dead
True Detectives
Archer
Sherlock

Waiting for new seasons to start:
Hannibal
Bates Motel
Alaska: The Last Frontier

m-Kresol

1) Breaking Bad (one of the best series ever)
2) Game of Thrones
3) Big Bang Theory (gets kinda old, but as a chemist, it's basically in my work contract to watch it)
4) IT crowd (most awesome british TV show ever! I know that lots of you guys overseas don't like british humor, but if you do, that is a must-see)
5) Black books (same as IT crowd)
6) House of Cards
7) Dexter (season 1,2 and 4 were awesome at least)

I basically watch everything, but these were the 7 that I remembered the fastest.
I hope it's ok for me to say, but The walking dead got soo bad in season 2 and even worse in season 3, you just had to stop watching...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

culturejam

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 25, 2014, 11:42:03 AM
Gotta say, that statement creeps me out just a little bit. I'm kidding.

I could see where it would sound kinda creepy. But hey, they are already knocked up when the show starts, so it's not exciting to predators...unless you're one of the really oddballs.  ;D  (which I'm not....seriously!)

I just love how the crap they complain about and comments they make are *so* the mindset of a teenager. I recall acting the same way as a teen, albeit without the loom specter of pregnancy to deal with.

Quote from: GermanCdnI assume you are equally being held hostage for 16 and Pregnant.

Nah, I actually like to watch it on occasion, for the reason mentioned above. It reminds me of my younger naive self in a lot of ways. The young "dads to be" are almost universally idiots (on account of their age and lack of experience). And most of the people on the show are southern of some kind, so the accent reminds me of home.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 25, 2014, 01:58:42 PM

4) IT crowd (most awesome british TV show ever! I know that lots of you guys overseas don't like british humor, but if you do, that is a must-see)
5) Black books (same as IT crowd)

Well, I'm across the pond from the UK and I think both of those shows are fantastic.  I found Black Books after IT Crowd, but really enjoyed it as well.  I didn't think the IT Crowd series finale was quite up to the quality of the other seasons, but it was OK.  Maybe I'll like it better on the second viewing.

Are you a fan if the Mighty Boosh?  That's a bit of an odd one.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Cortexturizer

The Mighty Bush and Black Books are awesome!

Influenced by some of you who really really liked the Black List I just watched the first episode with my GF and I am really sorry to say this but I feel violated intelectual-wise. A big pile of nonsense, bad acting, catastrophic camera work and stupid one liners. I mean come on people...cant believe James Spader is actually doing that level of tv shows for living now...
And dont get me started on Serbian mobsters and terrorists, first the Americans had their Russians, then there were Bosnians, bit Arabs of course, and now every movie and now show I watch has Serbs as the bad guys...well thank you very much. :)

As a proper Serb I will recommend you a British show called Peep Show. It is, hands down, the best sitcom I have ever watched. Hilarious stuff, I think I watched every episode at least 5 times. And I still continue to watch. I have never seen a relationship between a man and a woman depicted in a better and more accurate way than in this show. You wont regret it.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

GermanCdn

Quote from: mattlee0037 on February 25, 2014, 09:44:09 AM
Suits (love the humor and redhead)

Fixed it for you.  I want a personal assistant like Donna.  Will never happen.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.