Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Quote from: pickdropper on February 25, 2014, 02:48:32 PM

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 25, 2014, 01:58:42 PM

4) IT crowd (most awesome british TV show ever! I know that lots of you guys overseas don't like british humor, but if you do, that is a must-see)
5) Black books (same as IT crowd)

Well, I'm across the pond from the UK and I think both of those shows are fantastic.  I found Black Books after IT Crowd, but really enjoyed it as well.  I didn't think the IT Crowd series finale was quite up to the quality of the other seasons, but it was OK.  Maybe I'll like it better on the second viewing.

Are you a fan if the Mighty Boosh?  That's a bit of an odd one.

I didn't mean to imply anything. It's just my ex-gf is canadian and she did not find the scene when Moss writes the email to call the fire department funny at all. As did my coworkers at that time. The ending was ok; I think they didn't know if they will make any more episodes. I also got into Black Books after a friend told me it's from the IT crowd guys. You just have to love a drunken irish man making customers leave for no reason with a megaphone.
Never heard of the show you mentioned. But I will check it out. If it's british, I'll most likely dig it. Now that I finished House of Cards, I need something new while eating :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

billstein

Stomptown reminded me of Parenthood.

I try to act like I'm just watching it because my wife really likes it and being a good husband I watch it with her. But truth be told, I'm hooked. I take quite a bit of ribbing from my 21 year old son when we turn it on though.

jtn191

only Walking Dead...it feels a little stale now but they're introducing more characters

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: jtn191 on February 25, 2014, 04:19:36 PM
only Walking Dead...it feels a little stale now but they're introducing more characters

Yep. I'm pretty excited about the new 'mission'
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

pryde

OK for realz me and the kids love some AT! Look forward to new episodes every week.

alanp

Got halfway through Breaking Bad Season 3, and got bored. Some cool parts, but the long periods where everyone is speaking foreign and I can't understand a damn word was when my patience got seriously stretched.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

culturejam

Quote from: billstein on February 25, 2014, 04:08:04 PM

Parenthood is awesome. So is Modern Family.

Even though it was cancelled, Happy Endings was an amazing show.

And Adventure Time is totally bad ass.  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Stomptown

Quote from: billstein on February 25, 2014, 04:08:04 PM

I try to act like I'm just watching it because my wife really likes it and being a good husband I watch it with her. But truth be told, I'm hooked. I take quite a bit of ribbing from my 21 year old son when we turn it on though.

Ha! I almost added that I watch it because my wife makes me. Then I realized it wasn't really true.  ;)

Willybomb

Parenthood was ok, but we actually had all those characters in our family, so while the wife was saying "it's so realistic and well written", I was saying "We have all those people here - the off the rails daughter, the son with aspbergers, the failed musician who wants to run a recording studio, the grumpy father in law - I don't need to watch this!"

Get into:
- Game On (3 seasons, long gone Brit series about some housemates - a looser, an agrophobic, and a nympho)
- Being Human (watch the Brit version.  The US version is like watching the auditions)
- Misfits (Brit series.  Rough as guts in terms of the content sometimes, but the first 2 seasons are great.  Loses a bit without Nathan and "Barry" in the later seasons)
- Lie to Me
- Metal Evolution
- Metalopocalypse
- Grand Designs.

pickdropper

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 25, 2014, 04:05:07 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on February 25, 2014, 02:48:32 PM

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 25, 2014, 01:58:42 PM

4) IT crowd (most awesome british TV show ever! I know that lots of you guys overseas don't like british humor, but if you do, that is a must-see)
5) Black books (same as IT crowd)

Well, I'm across the pond from the UK and I think both of those shows are fantastic.  I found Black Books after IT Crowd, but really enjoyed it as well.  I didn't think the IT Crowd series finale was quite up to the quality of the other seasons, but it was OK.  Maybe I'll like it better on the second viewing.

Are you a fan if the Mighty Boosh?  That's a bit of an odd one.

I didn't mean to imply anything. It's just my ex-gf is canadian and she did not find the scene when Moss writes the email to call the fire department funny at all. As did my coworkers at that time. The ending was ok; I think they didn't know if they will make any more episodes. I also got into Black Books after a friend told me it's from the IT crowd guys. You just have to love a drunken irish man making customers leave for no reason with a megaphone.
Never heard of the show you mentioned. But I will check it out. If it's british, I'll most likely dig it. Now that I finished House of Cards, I need something new while eating :)

Oh, I didn't take it the wrong way at all.  Just expressing my fondness for those shows.

The Might Boosh is definitely British and very weird.  It has the actor who plays Richmond on the IT Crowd.  The boss from the IT Crowd is also on it from time to time.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

raulduke

If you guys like British comedy you should definitely check out father ted.

Same writers as it crowd, and even better IMO.

It is a loved show over here. The guy who played ted died after the 3rd series, so they can never make anymore.

It's probably my favourite comedy show of all time.

Alan partridge is worth checking out too.

Willybomb

TLDR - has anyone mentioned Mrs Brown's Boys yet?

catfud

My current watch list:

Game of Thrones (about to start Season 3)
The Walking Dead (looking forward to Season 3)
Breaking Bad (just finished this, ideal ending)
The Bridge (watching Season 2)

Raally enjoying The Bridge at the moment, the original Swedish/Danish series that is, not seen the US remake.

Cortexturizer

Tried this a few nights ago...Man, this is perfect! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Marenghi's_Darkplace

You wont regret it...
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

atreidesheir

Game of Thrones
Vikings
Walking Dead is terrible and I still watch it.
Hannibal
American Idol - Harry Connick makes it very watchable for me.  He has my humor.
Workaholics
Bob's Burgers
bar rescue - John Taffer is cool.
Almost Human
Teen Titans
Lost Girl
Supernatural

most of these shows have short seasons so it is not as much as it seems. 

I wish Dateline would bring back that "To Catch a Predator" stuff since it was hinted at earlier.  I watch it everytime it is on even though there are only a few episodes and I have seen them all.  Especially the guy they caught twice.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman