News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

^^ The first season is delightfully terrible.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Shrtyska9

Quote from: culturejam on September 05, 2014, 08:21:53 PM
^^ The first season is delightfully terrible.  ;D

Yeah it is. The original movie that predates the show is even worse. Lol
Then there is The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour. That's a whole other world of craziness.
Richard

stevie1556

All The Walking Dead again, ready for season 5! And about to start the new season of Suits.

m-Kresol

I can really recommend "Fargo". Martin Freeman did a great job there
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Shrtyska9

Quote from: stevie1556 on September 06, 2014, 02:22:58 AM
All The Walking Dead again, ready for season 5! And about to start the new season of Suits.

Its about time. I have been ready since season 4 ended. Apparently AMC has ordered a pilot for another show set in the walking dead universe. Should be interesting.
Richard

flanagan0718

Quote from: Shrtyska9 on September 06, 2014, 10:10:33 AM

Its about time. I have been ready since season 4 ended. Apparently AMC has ordered a pilot for another show set in the walking dead universe. Should be interesting.
The new show will probably be about the governor. That's what his spin off graphic novel was. The new season of walking dead will be either a revival or a coffin nail for me. I read the GNs years ago and I'm not thrilled with the direction Kirkman went in. But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrtyska9

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 06, 2014, 11:17:50 AM

Quote from: Shrtyska9 on September 06, 2014, 10:10:33 AM

The new show will probably be about the governor. That's what his spin off graphic novel was. The new season of walking dead will be either a revival or a coffin nail for me. I read the GNs years ago and I'm not thrilled with the direction Kirkman went in. But to each their own.

Yeah I could see how the deviation from the books would bother you. I'm still working on the books but am thoroughly enjoying them so far.
Richard

flanagan0718

They are fantastic! I found myself not calling it TWD but "That Zombie Show" and that made me like it more.

culturejam

Season 4 of Walking Dead went off the rails for me. I'm not sure if I'll bother watching Season 5. I don't especially care for The Governor.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

Quote from: culturejam on September 06, 2014, 01:28:57 PM
Season 4 of Walking Dead went off the rails for me. I'm not sure if I'll bother watching Season 5. I don't especially care for The Governor.

Agreed.. it was a shame. I hate his character and was excited to think they killed him off.. then he was back.

Cody

flanagan0718

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 06, 2014, 02:25:55 PM
Quote from: culturejam on September 06, 2014, 01:28:57 PM

Agreed.. it was a shame. I hate his character and was excited to think they killed him off.. then he was back.

Cody
That was how I felt when I was reading the GNs. Then I found he had a whole GN devoted to that d-bag. Kind of gave up on KirkMan.

-Anyone else excited for Gotham (if we are on yje comic subject).

dont-tase-me-bro

Walking dead got kind of lame, but I think it has the chance to come back.  The governor sucked, the scientist with the mullet needs to go away
I thought this would save me money.

raulduke

Finished watching true detective which was awesome. I loved how dark the whole thing was.

Nothing like The standard detective shows.

I would actually consider Matthew mcconghaey (or however you spell it!) a decent actor now :) !

Govmnt_Lacky

Everything is a moot point until The Black List starts again....  8)

Honorable mention for True Detective. Just started watching with the wife. Hope it gets better though... so far I'm 2 episodes in and hanging by a thread  :o

raulduke

It gets a LOT better, takes off and gets more and more awesome IMO.

Worth sticking with!