News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

About to lay into Braquo Season 3. Really looking forward to it. The first two were awesome.
In Anime terms I've got the second half of Steins Gate to watch too. Shit's just got real there and there's been a real tonal shift. Cracking show so far.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

flanagan0718

Quote from: juansolo on September 07, 2014, 02:54:42 PM
About to lay into Braquo Season 3. Really looking forward to it. The first two were awesome.
In Anime terms I've got the second half of Steins Gate to watch too. Shit's just got real there and there's been a real tonal shift. Cracking show so far.
I haven't seen any Anime in a while. The last one I saw was Full Metal Alchemist. It was very good

raulduke

Slightly off topic, but do any of you guys have the same problem as me when trying to watch series with the Mrs: her falling asleep?

Anything we try to watch on the TV together is invariably made out of sync between us by her falling asleep ten minutes into it ;D

It's kind of cute, but also kind of infuriating at the same time  :D

And before anyone cracks the joke; no she doesn't fall asleep during any other shared activities at home with me (not yet anyway, we've only been married a year!)  ;D

marmaliser

YES - My Missus always falls asleep during NCIS and The Mimic

Currently enjoying the second season of Cuckoo

drolo

I haven't been watching TV lately (years actually) except for an occasional movie.
But recently I have been enjoying Portlandia for a bit of light entertainment. Quite funny and there are often guests from the music world, Jeff Tweedy, Josh Homme, J Mascis, Eddie Vedder, Annie Clarke ...

juansolo

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 07, 2014, 07:27:05 PM
Quote from: juansolo on September 07, 2014, 02:54:42 PM
I haven't seen any Anime in a while. The last one I saw was Full Metal Alchemist. It was very good

Always been a fan of Anime since being a kid. Some great stuff out there.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

stevie1556

Is he really going to be in a spin off series (The Governer). I've nearly finished series 4, and I thought he was going to be a changed man and that, and then he went back to his old ways! So far, I've really enjoyed season 4.

Also, the last series of Sons Of Anarchy is about to start, one of the best shows I've ever seen!

Shrtyska9

Quote from: stevie1556 on September 08, 2014, 08:13:59 AM
Is he really going to be in a spin off series (The Governer). I've nearly finished series 4, and I thought he was going to be a changed man and that, and then he went back to his old ways! So far, I've really enjoyed season 4.

Also, the last series of Sons Of Anarchy is about to start, one of the best shows I've ever seen!

I don't think they are going to do a governor spin off. The companion show as they are calling it is supposed to take place outside of Georgia. So who knows could be in another state could be another country but same zombie infested universe.
Richard

culturejam

I'm a fan as well, but I have my doubts about this last season. I'll watch it for the sake of closure, but I don't have high hopes. The last season sort of went off the rails (in my view).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

GermanCdn

Quote from: culturejam on September 08, 2014, 09:31:01 AM

I'm a fan as well, but I have my doubts about this last season. I'll watch it for the sake of closure, but I don't have high hopes. The last season sort of went off the rails (in my view).

Last season was kind of cathartic (Clay had to die), surprised they killed Tara off.  This season's going to be predictable - everyone dies (pretty much the way Kurt ended The Shield).  I don't know how they're going to stretch Jax killing Gemma for the entire season, but they managed to stretch the Clay ending for like 5 seasons.  Somehow they'll be a tie back to the prequel series that's rumoured to be coming (if it turns out that the entire thing's been a dream that Jax's dad had which pushed him to then try to get the club to go legit, it wouldn't surprise me, though it would be a disappointment).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

culturejam

Quote from: GermanCdn on September 08, 2014, 10:29:29 AM
Last season was kind of cathartic (Clay had to die), surprised they killed Tara off.  This season's going to be predictable - everyone dies (pretty much the way Kurt ended The Shield).  I don't know how they're going to stretch Jax killing Gemma for the entire season, but they managed to stretch the Clay ending for like 5 seasons.  Somehow they'll be a tie back to the prequel series that's rumoured to be coming (if it turns out that the entire thing's been a dream that Jax's dad had which pushed him to then try to get the club to go legit, it wouldn't surprise me, though it would be a disappointment).

I think a prequel would be cool. I'd love to see how John T and Piney got the club going.  ;D

GermanCdn

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

culturejam

davent

Quote from: raulduke on September 08, 2014, 03:37:31 AM
Slightly off topic, but do any of you guys have the same problem as me when trying to watch series with the Mrs: her falling asleep?

Anything we try to watch on the TV together is invariably made out of sync between us by her falling asleep ten minutes into it ;D

It's kind of cute, but also kind of infuriating at the same time  :D

And before anyone cracks the joke; no she doesn't fall asleep during any other shared activities at home with me (not yet anyway, we've only been married a year!)  ;D

Only thing i can manage to sit through are music doc's and my wifes dead in the water in no time... when they're over she's, "that was really good!"
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Muadzin

The last TV series I really followed was the new Battlestar Galactica. And that ended really well. As in not at all. After that I more or less stopped really watching television shows. I got so busy I was away most evenings anyway. Everybody kept saying I should watch Game of Thrones, it's just the thing for me, but I just no longer have the time to get into a new TV series.