TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Quote from: micromegas on September 22, 2014, 07:45:33 AM
Quote from: raulduke on September 22, 2014, 07:25:20 AM
Sorry but your friend is wrong ;)

In Bruges is awesome.

It even has Brendan Gleason and peter dinklage in it for extra added awesome points.

awesome indeed, but Dinklage wasn't there, it was Jordan Prentice

Oops... That's embarrassing!

Haberdasher

Quote from: raulduke on September 22, 2014, 07:25:20 AM
Sorry but your friend is wrong ;)
it wouldn't be the first time, trust me ¯\_(シ)_/¯
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Haberdasher

ok, i found a like-new dvd of In Bruges on ebay for $4 delivered.  can't wait to see it!

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Haberdasher

Quote from: Cortexturizer on September 23, 2014, 01:17:54 AM
You won't be disappointed.
thanks man, looking forward to it.
hope i didn't jack the tv thread.  back to your regularly scheduled programming...

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jkokura

I'm looking forward to return of:

The Blacklist
The Mentalist (really revitalized show after last season)
Brooklyn Nine Nine (brilliant comedy. It's good when an episode can be rewatched, and I've watched many 3-4 times)
Arrow
Grimm

I'm probably going to try and watch the new:
Gotham
Flash

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Shrtyska9

So the latest word on the Walking Dead spin off is that it will take place in the very beginning when the epidemic is trying to be contained. Almost a prequel with different characters.

Richard

Richard

juansolo

A Touch of Cloth. Think police proceedurals ran though an Airplane filter with a translation then to British sensibilities. It's taking the piss out of both UK ones (A touch of Frost and the like) and US (CSI, etc). Very silly and made me laugh out loud a lot (Touching cloth is British slang, I expect some of it might go over peoples heads). They made three of them that were two parters. On DVD they're put together as three separate mini-films.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

peterc

We really like UK series and are watching Case  Histories at the moment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748888/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Peter
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

Haberdasher

i finished watching season 1 of the brit show utopia (not the thing on fox).  interesting enough to keep watching imho.

i saw the first episode of gotham.  i've never been much of a comics fan in my life but i've always found batman to be better than most.  it looks to me like they're doing a fantastic job with this show and i will keep watching.  i think they nailed the casting!

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

flanagan0718

Watching:
The Strain: Officially done after this weeks episode. Guillermo, you have dissapointed me for the first time :'(
The X-Files: Love this show. I feel like I watch the whole series every 3 years or so.
Gotham: So far so good only 1 episode in tho

Scruffie

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 30, 2014, 06:48:25 AM
Watching:
The Strain: Officially done after this weeks episode. Guillermo, you have dissapointed me for the first time :'(
Damn, was going to start watching that one with my girlfriend tonight, we tried True Detective last night and both fell asleep half way through episode one... obviously that's not giving it a huge chance but, when does it start to get good? After hearing so much about it was expecting something a bit more gripping, so far Fargo seemed better.
Works at Lectric-FX

flanagan0718

Quote from: Scruffie on September 30, 2014, 06:57:18 AM
Watching:
Damn, was going to start watching that one with my girlfriend tonight, we tried True Detective last night and both fell asleep half way through episode one... obviously that's not giving it a huge chance but, when does it start to get good? After hearing so much about it was expecting something a bit more gripping, so far Fargo seemed better.

I Loved True Detective! The 1st episode was sluggish tho. The Strain was...well it was (for me at least) very poorly executed. good writing, then bad writing, then coincidence after coincidence had me saying really...REALLY. IDK you might like it i'd say give it a try. I usually have a strong opinion when it comes to horror stuff.

Scruffie

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 30, 2014, 07:14:02 AM
Watching:

I Loved True Detective! The 1st episode was sluggish tho. The Strain was...well it was (for me at least) very poorly executed. good writing, then bad writing, then coincidence after coincidence had me saying really...REALLY. IDK you might like it i'd say give it a try. I usually have a strong opinion when it comes to horror stuff.
Watched some of the first episode of The Strain last night (got distracted for 20 minutes of it) while I didn't think it was great, with some of the acting and writing seeming a bit hammy to me (and perhaps just me but a feeling the budget was being stretched too far at points so some things seemed to suffer and look a bit... tacky) it was a bit more enticing and easier to watch, got me intrigued at least to watch the next couple of episodes to see how it goes.

I'll probably revisit True Detective when i'm on my own, Wood Harrelson gives it some bonus points for a second shot.

What's the verdict on American Horror Story? Heard a lot about that but know almost nothing of it so we might try that tonight... or am I making a huge mistake haha.
Works at Lectric-FX

flanagan0718

Quote from: Scruffie on September 30, 2014, 10:51:41 PM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 30, 2014, 07:14:02 AM
Watching:

Watched some of the first episode of The Strain last night (got distracted for 20 minutes of it) while I didn't think it was great, with some of the acting and writing seeming a bit hammy to me (and perhaps just me but a feeling the budget was being stretched too far at points so some things seemed to suffer and look a bit... tacky) it was a bit more enticing and easier to watch, got me intrigued at least to watch the next couple of episodes to see how it goes.

I'll probably revisit True Detective when i'm on my own, Wood Harrelson gives it some bonus points for a second shot.

What's the verdict on American Horror Story? Heard a lot about that but know almost nothing of it so we might try that tonight... or am I making a huge mistake haha.
Haven't given American horror story a try yet...let me know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk