News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

So far, I've found Peaky Blinders to be about as good as any of the American dramas I've seen. The type of setting doesn't really require a huge budget, so it's really down to the writing and acting, and the UK has loads of talent in those departments.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

GermanCdn

Gotta say, little underwhelmed with the new shows this season thus far, especially in the comedy department.

That being said, Gotham and A-Z are pretty good.

Bad Judge will be the first cancellation.  Absolutely horrible, with the exception that Kate Walsh plays a hot mess fairly well.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

culturejam

Watched Homeland last night. Pretty good start to the season, I'll say.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

m-Kresol

I just found out that they made a series of the "Green Arrow" franchise of DC comics. I just had to watch it and I am pleasantly surprised. I have to say, I haven't read any of the comics, because comic books are rather rare in Europe (why ever), so I don't know how it matches up.
Anyhow, I like the show and will watch "Gotham" next, which is obviously based on the Batman franchise. Nevertheless, Batman is not in it. Jim Gordon is the protagonist and the series takes place starting after Bruce Wayne's parent's death. sounds promising to me :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Haberdasher

i just saw on google news showtime is bringing back Twin Peaks?  9 episodes for 2016.

craaazy
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

irmcdermott

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 06, 2014, 01:17:02 PM
I just found out that they made a series of the "Green Arrow" franchise of DC comics. I just had to watch it and I am pleasantly surprised. I have to say, I haven't read any of the comics, because comic books are rather rare in Europe (why ever), so I don't know how it matches up.
Anyhow, I like the show and will watch "Gotham" next, which is obviously based on the Batman franchise. Nevertheless, Batman is not in it. Jim Gordon is the protagonist and the series takes place starting after Bruce Wayne's parent's death. sounds promising to me :)

We really like Arrow. Like anything based on the comics, they take a lot of liberties with the origin, etc., but it's still a great show. Tomorrow the same network airs the series based on The Flash, and I'm sure there will be plenty of crossover, and I'm really looking forward to that one.

Scruffie

Quote from: Haberdasher on October 06, 2014, 01:56:55 PM
i just saw on google news showtime is bringing back Twin Peaks?  9 episodes for 2016.

craaazy
I read that a while ago and then it was denied, has it been confirmed by a midget talking backwards?
Works at Lectric-FX

pickdropper

Quote from: Scruffie on October 06, 2014, 03:37:21 PM
Quote from: Haberdasher on October 06, 2014, 01:56:55 PM

craaazy
I read that a while ago and then it was denied, has it been confirmed by a midget talking backwards?

I wonder if they are going to be true to the original and have a fantastic first season and a ridiculously stupid second season.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

I don't listen much to TV, in fact i don't even own a TV.... :o

Most of the time i'll wait that some good series are done and then lost a complete week of my life watching all of it one take...

Tho! It's getting cold up here! So couple days a week i'll be religiously listening to the 2014-2015 Hockey Season, being a huge Montreal Canadiens fan since i'm a child.

I listen to the game in streaming or go at some friend place where we gather and yell our lungs out for 3hours, great times!

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Haberdasher

Quote from: raulduke on September 22, 2014, 06:32:14 AM
Quote from: Haberdasher on September 22, 2014, 06:26:09 AM
i haven't really been watching anything lately, but i suppose i'll start on the blacklist again.

i did start watching a bbc show called utopia a few weeks ago.  i've only seen the 1st 2 episodes at this point, but it seems interesting.  sort of violent & quirky.  i might pick that up again at some point.

on another note, i'm not too excited to see colin farrell cast as the lead in the 2nd season of true detective.  i've never been a fan of his, but maybe the show itself will be good enough to overlook how utterly boring he is, lol.

Have you seen In Bruges?

If you haven't then watch it. It's awesome. It may change your opinion of him.

If you have seen it well.... there aren't that many films he's in that are good thinking about it (exc. minority report)  ;D
i watched in bruges the other night.  yes, colin farrell was very good in that.  he even made me laugh several times.

but see, that's his irish guy.  i think what i don't like so much is his american guy.  too serious.  boring.  then again, it's possible i have only seen him in about 3 other things so maybe i haven't given him a fair shake.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Shrtyska9

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 06, 2014, 06:34:43 PM
I don't listen much to TV, in fact i don't even own a TV.... :o

Most of the time i'll wait that some good series are done and then lost a complete week of my life watching all of it one take...

Tho! It's getting cold up here! So couple days a week i'll be religiously listening to the 2014-2015 Hockey Season, being a huge Montreal Canadiens fan since i'm a child.

I listen to the game in streaming or go at some friend place where we gather and yell our lungs out for 3hours, great times!

Rej

Man 2 days!!!!! I can't wait for the regular season to start. Not that I mind the preseason and seeing how the rookies handle the NHL.

Let's Go Rangers! ;):P

Richard
Richard

peterc

Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

alanp

Fred Dibnah's steam videos are very, very good.

Haven't finished 'em yet, mind.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

dont-tase-me-bro

Couple good ones on Netflix instant:

The Killing
the Honorable Woman
Peaky Blinders (although the music is annoying because it's wrong for the period)
I thought this would save me money.

dont-tase-me-bro

I forgot about The Fall.

I never knew BBC has such good stuff.  British TV seems like HBO grade material
I thought this would save me money.