Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Quote from: culturejam on March 25, 2020, 10:25:29 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on March 25, 2020, 09:53:29 PM
I agree. It was pretty low stakes for Disney though. I'm guessing the people making the show has some creative control.

If you're talking about Madalorian, it was John Favreau who wrote and produced it. The man is a national treasure as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, he's quite good. I'm more saying it seems like he has freedom to do what he wanted, as opposed to the people who have made the more recent films.

thesmokingman

I took a chance on Kingdom on Netflix and I'm sucked in ... interesting take on zombies
the midnight gospel is pretty awesome as well
what we do in the shadows came back exactly when I needed it to
plus westworld has been just fantastic this season (3)
back half of rick and morty is due to start this week as well
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

midwayfair

Quote from: thesmokingman on April 28, 2020, 10:00:49 AM
I took a chance on Kingdom on Netflix and I'm sucked in ... interesting take on zombies

I giggle every time I pass that on the queue.

We watched the first season together and I'm like "cool cool historical drama" then all of a sudden ZOMBIESWTFLOL.

thesmokingman

right? its like the man who killed hitler and then bigfoot ... it isn't oscar worthy but it also isn't reruns
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

juansolo

Devs - Written and directed by Alex Garland (Annihilation, Ex Machina). Proper thinky concept Sci-Fi. Thoroughly enjoyed it. As with such things sometimes you have to suspend disbelief, but it's very well done.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Willybomb

somnif

Quote from: Willybomb on May 03, 2020, 01:41:00 AM
The Witcher is ... ok. ?.

Basically. It's a fairly generic high fantasy plot buoyed up by a couple great performers (honestly the next season could just be 8 hours of Jaskier and Geralt bickering and I'd consider it worth watching).

juansolo

The Witcher is deeply flawed... I'm sure I've had a mini-rant about this already.

Yup found it: https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=14046.msg294526#msg294526
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Willybomb

They seem to have put a lot of thought into the monster designs in The Witcher.  My main complaint about it would be that there's a lot of timeline jumping and carry on.  Plus, everyone is so clean (unless Geralt has been swallowed whole and reguritated by something) - armour is spotless, et al.  At least it's not as bad as the Sword of Shannara TV series, or Legend of the Seeker (The Sword of Truth book series was pretty average to start with).

Thewintersoldier

I just watched all 5 seasons of Orphan Black the past month. Man that was a good show. Scifi based in reality, with great writing, acting and some pretty descent action. Tatiana Maslany acted the hell out of all those roles, at times I would forget that it wasn't one person playing them all, sometimes with 5 or more on screen at once. Some interesting ethical stuff to think about. Check it out if you haven't.
Who the hell is Bucky?

madbean

I gave The Knick another viewing and I loved it even more the second time. I finally completed The Watchmen series, too.

Currently trying to decide which of my favorites I want to re-watch (most of these I've already seen through at least twice):
GOT
BetterCallSaul
BreakingBad
BSG
Caprica
Six Feet Under
Dexter
ST:TNG

jimilee

Hockey season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: madbean on March 07, 2021, 06:08:38 PM
re-watch
GOT

Why would you do that to yourself.

I'm currently rewatching Archer again. I can't believe how well it holds up every time.

PapaKev

matmosphere

Watched 30 Rock over again. Holds up pretty well.

I watched a few episodes of Wandavision, I don't understand what the fuss is all about.