News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Do you know Mouser's history????

Started by Blues Healer, February 26, 2014, 06:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Healer

The other day I was checking out of my Mouser order and noticed a page that read "A ... Berkshire Hathaway company". Wow, that's Warren Buffett's investment company.

Yes, it's true that Mouser is a big company now, but it started small. Years ago I got Craig Anderton's book, and Mouser was one of a handful of suppliers then. Since I lived in San Diego and they were local, I started ordering from them. The other day I was going through my storage and found an old Mouser box with some mojo parts, and an invoice from 1995. :)

Anyway, you can read Mouser's history on their site. As I already knew, it was started by a high school science teacher who had a hard time finding parts for his classroom projects.
I suppose there's a lesson there: start small and dream big ... or something like that.
"music heals"

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bcalla

playonit

Jerry Mouser was one of my High School teachers at Granite Hills High in El Cajon Ca.. His Son Jerry Jr. is a friend of mine.. He had a little distribution center off hwy 67 in the Santee - Lakeside area.. the place was packed to the rafters... But jerry knew where every part was..nothing short of amazing..
BlueVoice Amplification
Snook Custom Guitar Co.

m-Kresol

Quote from: Blues Healer on February 26, 2014, 06:14:04 AM
...As I already knew, it was started by a high school science teacher who had a hard time finding parts for his classroom projects.
I suppose there's a lesson there: start small and dream big ... or something like that.

That  sounds a lot like Breaking Bad to me :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Blues Healer

Quote from: playonit on May 03, 2014, 05:42:10 AM
Jerry Mouser was one of my High School teachers at Granite Hills High in El Cajon Ca.. His Son Jerry Jr. is a friend of mine.. He had a little distribution center off hwy 67 in the Santee - Lakeside area.. the place was packed to the rafters... But jerry knew where every part was..nothing short of amazing..

that's cool

I think Mouser was still in San Diego in the early 90s, after I moved back ... I'm not sure when they started distributing from Texas
"music heals"

GrindCustoms

That's awesome, I have lots of respect for ambitious minds and that is certainly one! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/