News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delirium Tremolo

Started by pickdropper, February 26, 2014, 05:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This is a modified version of the EA tremolo.  I've always really liked this trem, so I wanted one for my mini board.  The audio section of this sounds great, so I added an LFO bypass switch so it can be used as a boost instead of a trem.  I'm really happy with the artwork on this one; it's one of my favorites so far.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

flanagan0718

Every time there is a build posted I look, and every time I scroll down and say "God DAMN that is a beautiful build". Then I scroll up and see the Swedish chef and laugh. Good work man, love the graphics and the fact that you can cram anything into a 1590A and make it look perfect!

Tremster

Fantastic! As always.
Is there a chance you make this PCB available? Or does anyone know of another 1590A tremolo? That's what's missing with my minis.

flanagan0718

Quote from: Tremster on February 26, 2014, 06:17:02 AM
Fantastic! As always.
Is there a chance you make this PCB available? Or does anyone know of another 1590A tremolo? That's what's missing with my minis.

+1 I would like one as well! I would also like one of the pi phase 90 boards you did a while back too!

pickdropper

Sure, I can get some PCBs made.  I used this batch to verify and it's good to go.
Function f(x)

Tremster

flanagan0718

Quote from: pickdropper on February 26, 2014, 06:23:17 AM
Sure, I can get some PCBs made.  I used this batch to verify and it's good to go.

flanagan0718

also where do you get those wonderful caps?

jimilee

Sure you're happy with the art, if we mere mortals had access to a laser engraver, we would love our artwork too, instead we have to use rattle cans and waterslide, and dream of being you!  :P Awesome build man! So now the question is, do you have a tiny guitar to go along with your tiny pedals and tiny pedalboard?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimmybjj

Really nice! I like how you created a depth effect using only a limited monochrome palette. The layout isn't today bad either :)
Pcbs no longer available

pickdropper

Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 26, 2014, 06:29:56 AM

I get nearly all of my caps from Mouser.  Which caps are you asking about in particular?
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on February 26, 2014, 06:35:18 AM
Sure you're happy with the art, if we mere mortals had access to a laser engraver, we would love our artwork too, instead we have to use rattle cans and waterslide, and dream of being you!  :P Awesome build man! So now the question is, do you have a tiny guitar to go along with your tiny pedals and tiny pedalboard?

Well, even amongst the laser engraved builds this is one of my favorites.  :-)

No tiny guitar yet.  I guess that comes next.  Considering how poorly I play my mandolin, I don't have a lot of hope for it.   ;-p
Function f(x)

flanagan0718

Quote from: pickdropper on February 26, 2014, 06:48:54 AM

I get nearly all of my caps from Mouser.  Which caps are you asking about in particular?

They look like 1uf film caps...maybe Panasonic or poly film. They are the maroon square ones.

mattlee0037

King of the 1590a builds. So much into so little I love it.

pickdropper

Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 26, 2014, 07:03:57 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on February 26, 2014, 06:48:54 AM

They look like 1uf film caps...maybe Panasonic or poly film. They are the maroon square ones.

Yep, I get those from Mouser.  If you want, I can get you a part number later, but you can find them if you sort by:

Passive Components
Capacitors
Film Caps
Panasonic
5mm lead spacing.
Function f(x)