News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Belton...and reverb pedals in general.

Started by peAk, March 04, 2014, 04:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 04, 2014, 10:59:52 AM
I have'nt looked at the schematic of BYOC's reverb, but with the philosophy they sure wanted to emulate the fender in a box type of sound or the other classic verb tones in a simple package. It's probably able to give you longer «dreamer» reverb sounds, but you would need to modify the mixing stage of wet and dry signal because that is where it all happens with these circuits.

For my part, i mostly use the Medium Brick aswell, built couple one with the Long... i think the main matter about these is the inherant modulation that you will hear in the reverb «dwelling»...

IIRC LaceSensor did a nice mod thread about the Tenebrion in the Mod section of this forum where i've also chimed in.... once you have the pcb layout in hand wich i'm heading at the post office today and make your mind on how you want to tackle it.... feel free to PM me or send me an email for more info or idea you have and want to know if they are possible... I've probably built over 10 variants from that core circuit.

Cheers!

Awesome, thanks!

alanp

I've built the Rub-A-Dub, the Tenebrion, and DeadAstronaut's Chasm. I prefer the Tenebrion, quite strongly, then the Chasm for it's mucking-around value, then the Rub-a-dub (which is still in and of itself a very strong contender.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

The new Belton Brick is available to buy from Tube Amp Doctor for those who are interested.

Me... I'm hoping for good ol' Rej to initiate some kind of mega group buy like last time (which was awesome of him).

GrindCustoms

No kidding! That's badass, going to check it out when i come back from work
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

dondougie

I have the Hermida/GGG verb which has a more or less convincing spring sound, more so than the others I've built (EQD Ghost Echo, Rub-A-Dub).

Do you guys have any other suggestions for a Belton-based spring sounding verb? I'm starting to think that the FV-1 is the way to go for an authentic emulation, but I don't feel comfortable soldering that thing yet ;D

Jabulani Jonny

Major 2nd's for the Tenebrion.  I think I remember putting the medium brick in mine.  It is ALWAYS ON.  Seriously.  I could have saved a foot switch on that build.   ;D

Fantastic sounding verb. 
Jonathan

GrindCustoms

Quote from: raulduke on March 05, 2014, 08:44:27 AM
The new Belton Brick is available to buy from Tube Amp Doctor for those who are interested.

Me... I'm hoping for good ol' Rej to initiate some kind of mega group buy like last time (which was awesome of him).

Thanks for the kind word Steve :)

If i can find a place in US that have them in stock, i would have no problem doing this again.... and accompaigned with a new Reverb layout of course... all that work must serve something ;)

I'm ordering 2 from TAD... so i can get the proto TenebrionII up to this new setup, but Ssshheeeeeshhh it's a painful purchase.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

D'oh! They are backordered... got the notification after checkout..... :-\

Beedoola

I built a Wampler Faux Reverb clone and I love it. Probably my favorite Belton. I built the BYOC reverb 2, as well as the "All Star Reverb" - guy over at FS.org's mashup of some different reverb circuits. I didn't like the light modulation that is supposedly inherent in the Belton's design. The Wampler seems to not have that.

You can find the schematic over on FS.org

raulduke

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 06, 2014, 05:44:42 PM
D'oh! They are backordered... got the notification after checkout..... :-\

The b*stards  ;D

A group buy for the Modules (maybe along with the new PCB's?) would be great Rej.