News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

how to get this sound

Started by jtn191, March 28, 2011, 10:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

I wonder what pedals you guys might use to attain this sound http://listen.grooveshark.com/s/Linus+And+Lucy/2GKXcV?src=5

I'm fairly sure it's something like a Big Muff (triangle or ram's head?) into a Bassman along with maybe a few other pedals. And then something crazy happens at 1:57, which I'm most interested in...like that weird modulating feedback  :o...maybe something like an octave pedal--or maybe just overusing the trem arm. I've found hitting a muff really hard (like with a SHO) gives it some similar compression

CRBMoA

Sounds more like a fuzz or a ringer to me.

jkokura

Yeah, it's likely a ring modulator. I think the Green Ringer could give you this sound, which is kinda funny cause I was just working up a layout for one after someone else was asking after a ring modulator. Maybe in the coming months there'll be a project up for one. I could send my layout to you if you want to etch and try building one.

I imagine that the original doesn't use a Green Ringer. What's more likely is they've got something like the Line 6 MM4, which includes a couple cool adjustable Ring Mod settings, or some other effects unit. I know there's a very popular Moog unit that can produce some incredibly weird sounds like that, so it might be something like that also.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals