Main Menu

Random stuff

Started by madbean, March 24, 2011, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Quote from: night-butterfly on March 24, 2011, 12:19:20 PM
Thanks Kaleb! I've missed that thread.

No problem dude! :)

Hey Brian, I have a question about that fuzz board, is that meant more for prototyping/experimenting rather than a populate-and-drop-it-in-a-box fuzz? I guess I'm trying to figure out how to box it if I get one ;)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jkokura

That board is meant as an extended version of the little Smallbear/GuitarPCB boards. Essentially, it allows you to mount the Jacks, power, 3PDT switch, and the LED on a board. Then, there are simply four connections that get made to the PCB: in, out, ground and power. The comment about it being fuzz is that Brian wired it so that the power jack is incorrect so that it provides -9V instead of the usual -9v. This means that the board can easily power any so called "positive ground" fuzzes like Ge Tonebenders and Fuzz Faces, but that it can't easily be used for all the more common projects we all build.

It's not a fuzz, it's just an interface board. I'm sure Brian will be reworking it and then releasing it when it's ready.

If this isn't correct, feel free to make it so Brian, but that's what I got from your post.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Cool stuff!

The drilling would have to be spot on for that setup, but you sure could speed up the boxing process with that setup.

Congratulations Jacob!

O yeah, I'd love a sticker if you decide to do that...

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Jacob explained it exactly. It's something I might pursue...at least with a few to see if there's any interest. There are extra pads to do a little perf action on it, too.

madbean

The workshop has been cleaned and organized.

A few thousand PCBs in here.

Pedals, unplayed.

Pedals, unplayed II.

Boxes O' Circuits.

My Droid doesn't like quality pics.

More circuits 'er fixin.

For relaxation (note: relaxation is optional).

petesz

Your pedalboard looks so rad! I love how they are all the same style. Definitely want to do this to my own pedalboard :)

And please make those stickers!! A mate of mine used http://stickerobot.com/ and they are really good quality and pretty cheap too.

Its cool seeing into the house of the bean!

Also, whats the Shortbus?

madbean

The stickers have already been ordered, and in fact I am using Sticker Robot!

The Shortbus is a Tim clone.

bigmufffuzzwizz

You are indeed a mad bean!! So many circuits and pedals it looks like a wonderland. ;D
And that sticker kicks ass!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

crashguitar

Count me as interested in the jack/switch/led board!

A sticker wouldn't be bad either.

Chad

gtr2

Those pedals look lonely...   :(

They need love  :-*
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

camsna

Count me in, too, for stickers and interface boards!

Looks good, MadBean! You're a good dude and this community is a great one. I'm so fortunate to have found it!

PS - I have a few projects to share...just have to snap some pics. :)

masterlk

Hey Brian - Which Sterling Ultra Digital paper are you using? I see there are many types.

Thanks.