News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with a Harbinger One

Started by HailToTheBlues, December 18, 2014, 12:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hey guys,
I'm working on a Harbinger one project, and i'm having some trouble getting it to work properly. So, i have clean signal working normally, and when i engage the pedal, it has signal, but it is almost the same has the clean sound, it has no effect, there's just a kind of subtle noise that reacts with the way the lamp is working at that moment. The lamp is working as it should, it is blinking and i can control the gain and offset trimmers normally. Also the rate led is working as it should. So, any clues of where i should start looking?

midwayfair

HailToTheBlues

Actually no, but now that you mention it, it would be smart to do it.

HailToTheBlues

I'll try that and then i'll post here the results!

HailToTheBlues

Ok, so today i tested it in the dark, and the result was the same, the lamp is working normally, but the sound is still clean, so any thoughts?

madbean

What sort of LDR are you using? Stock transistors, or subs?

HailToTheBlues

I'm using the banzai univibe kit, so i'm not sure of the difference between that kit and those ldr that were listed. All the transistors are the ones listed, the only thing different, is a 1N4148 at the D5, because i was told it would be the same as the one listed. I'm building the 9v "one spot" version, so that's how it is wired, i populated the filter pcb, jumpered the R54 and left the D1 and c22 empty.

midwayfair

Can you post a picture of your LDR positioning and everything?

Audio probe and follow the schematic through the phasing sections. No point in trouble shooting if your signal isn't even making it to those transistors and back out again!

HailToTheBlues

So here are the pics. About the audio probe, i still haven't build a tester, is there a way to test it as it is now? (boxed, connected to the jacks and so on) maybe connecting a cable to the output on the 3pdt and touch the leads of the pcb?

HailToTheBlues

midwayfair