News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pulse Rife - Tap Tempo Tremolo

Started by Guybrush, March 11, 2014, 03:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

This is great! I love the Alien Line you are doing. Although I have to admit it I saw Pulse Rifle and thought Dead Space. Love the art.

peAk

same here, I though it said "Pulse Rifle" and that it was a take from the Fallout video game

so cool

pedalhealer

wow...very nice. In the middle of '80 here in Hungary was a magazine - called Galaktika (Galaxy). The design of cover was absolutely same like this. The characters, colors...  :D
www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com

das234

Looks great.  I have my eye on this project too.  So, what's the verdict after all your trepidation and troubles... build or no build? 

eldanko

Amazing graphics on this man. Killer aesthetic. I've built two or three of these... hmm, maybe four... and all but one had ticking on certain settings.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Guybrush

Quote from: das234 on April 13, 2014, 05:10:18 PM
Looks great.  I have my eye on this project too.  So, what's the verdict after all your trepidation and troubles... build or no build?

Cheers man! To be honest I'm not happy with it. The amount of ticking has made it pretty unuseable. Of course this is probably beacuse of the botched 'fix' that I made to it as I wasn't getting any sound from the circuit at first (it can be found here if you're interested http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=14389.msg133816#msg133816).  I've since got the pedal back on my bench with the hope of fixing it properly.

Quote from: eldanko on April 13, 2014, 07:04:46 PM
Amazing graphics on this man. Killer aesthetic. I've built two or three of these... hmm, maybe four... and all but one had ticking on certain settings.

Thanks!  Can I ask how much ticking you generally get? Mine seems to tick in most settings then randomly in settings that have previously not had ticking. So frustrating!

peAk

yeah, I have already commented on this build but I still have to say....

...this is still one of my favorite builds. I want to rip it off  :o ;) ...I am just not sure how just yet!

Guybrush

Quote from: peAk on April 15, 2014, 04:23:54 AM
yeah, I have already commented on this build but I still have to say....

...this is still one of my favorite builds. I want to rip it off  :o ;) ...I am just not sure how just yet!

Just familiarise yourself with the rectangle and circle tool in photoshop and you'll be halfway there.

peAk

Quick question, how to you readjust the sticker paper on the box to center it correctly?

That's the beauty of waterslide is that it can slide around pretty easy.

I have some of this transparent sticker paper but I wanted to know how easy (or hard) it is to readjust?

Guybrush

With difficulty.

My process is to cut the sticker to size. Lay it on the enclosure (sticker backing still in place) to check it definitely fits accurately. Then peel off the backing from one of the shorter sides and line it up carefully with the edge of the enclosure and slowly peel the backing away whilst simultaneously sticking the sticker to the box.

You can tell pretty quickly if you have gone off track. I knew it would take me a couple of goes to get it spot-on so I printed the image a few times so I had backups.

After it was in place I took an exacto knife and a ruler and carfully trimmed a tiny bit off the edges. This is to ensure that there are no slight overhangs which could cause the sticker to peel when caught by a stray boot.

Hope that makes sense.

TL;DR - Take your time and be careful. ;)

peAk

Quote from: Guybrush on April 15, 2014, 06:07:51 AM
With difficulty.

My process is to cut the sticker to size. Lay it on the enclosure (sticker backing still in place) to check it definitely fits accurately. Then peel off the backing from one of the shorter sides and line it up carefully with the edge of the enclosure and slowly peel the backing away whilst simultaneously sticking the sticker to the box.

You can tell pretty quickly if you have gone off track. I knew it would take me a couple of goes to get it spot-on so I printed the image a few times so I had backups.

After it was in place I took an exacto knife and a ruler and carfully trimmed a tiny bit off the edges. This is to ensure that there are no slight overhangs which could cause the sticker to peel when caught by a stray boot.

Hope that makes sense.

TL;DR - Take your time and be careful. ;)

yeah, ooh...that sounds difficult.

that being said, I think the result could be better than waterslide. There are things about waterslide I hate. The best thing about waterslide is the "slide" until it's right.

peAk

Another question about this type of decal.

Have you tried light colors on darker encosures? That's one of the pitfalls of waterslide that's it's so transparent that you really can't do lighter fonts on darker enclosures unless you get white waterslide decals.

Guybrush

Same goes for transparent stickers I'm afraid. I printed the design on this pedal lighter than it appears as the grey aluminium darkens the colours. I personally wouldn't use transparent sticker on anything darker than this.