Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BLMS... dislike the name, like the guy

Started by jkokura, March 12, 2014, 07:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Quote from: alanp on March 15, 2014, 06:00:37 PM
Quote from: DutchMF on March 15, 2014, 03:01:31 PM
I'm not known for my PC-ness, so I don't care about the name of the website. I thought Brians alternative was even better! But what surprises me most in this discussion is people complaining about not being able to order from the site while at work..... Shouldn't you be, like, working?  ;)

That's one thing about my job -- working in a slaughterhouse, it's damn obvious to the supervisor when you're not working (you're the only bugger whose knife isn't moving.) Not to mention that only managers use proper computers -- I work with a touchscreen to label my cartons, but the most you can do with it is that, and solitaire (with a screen exposed to the rest of the room.)

Those must be some messy touchscreens!

pickdropper

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 15, 2014, 08:00:09 PM
Since this is already off-topic and maybe a good thing... because Seriously... if bothered by the name... but the products offered are good but you can't order from «Job».... do it from home.. i just can't assimilate that thought pattern. Sorry.

I've ordered from Tayda many time, i don't know what tayda means... do i bother about it. No.  or.... Small Bear or Mammoth.. it's animals... what is the link with DIY... NONE! What is the point of all this, to each their own.

End of rant, if you feel like i'm bruising you.. sorry, i'm not the «soft guy» type.

I'm not known for my PC-ness, so I don't care about the name of the website. I thought Brians alternative was even better! But what surprises me most in this discussion is people complaining about not being able to order from the site while at work..... Shouldn't you be, like, working?  ;)

That's one thing about my job -- working in a slaughterhouse, it's damn obvious to the supervisor when you're not working (you're the only bugger whose knife isn't moving.) Not to mention that only managers use proper computers -- I work with a touchscreen to label my cartons, but the most you can do with it is that, and solitaire (with a screen exposed to the rest of the room.)

I'm in for a Kangoroo jerky groupbuy... maybe Vegemite too! ;D

I don't think a single person in this thread has said they wouldn't buy because of the name.  We've just digressed into business philosophy.

Thread derailment.  It's a thing.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Quote from: pickdropper on March 15, 2014, 08:48:58 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 15, 2014, 08:00:09 PM
Since this is already off-topic and maybe a good thing... because Seriously... if bothered by the name... but the products offered are good but you can't order from «Job».... do it from home.. i just can't assimilate that thought pattern. Sorry.

I've ordered from Tayda many time, i don't know what tayda means... do i bother about it. No.  or.... Small Bear or Mammoth.. it's animals... what is the link with DIY... NONE! What is the point of all this, to each their own.

End of rant, if you feel like i'm bruising you.. sorry, i'm not the «soft guy» type.

I'm in for a Kangoroo jerky groupbuy... maybe Vegemite too! ;D

I don't think a single person in this thread has said they wouldn't buy because of the name.  We've just digressed into business philosophy.

Thread derailment.  It's a thing.   ;D

I'm not pointing out anyone in particular.

For the buisness philosophy point of view in the Electronic/DIY market, having a name related to the domain of activity that you are active in, sure helps.

With a really wide perspective of the whole thing, having a name that relates you to pachiderm, bears or bitches... all of them are far from the target.

Maybe i also have a little problem expressing my thoughts, sorry about that. ::)

Back to thread derail.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

muddyfox

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 15, 2014, 09:17:34 PM

For the buisness philosophy point of view in the Electronic/DIY market, having a name related to the domain of activity that you are active in, sure helps.

With a really wide perspective of the whole thing, having a name that relates you to pachiderm, bears or bitches... all of them are far from the target.

I have no horse in this race, nor do I care one way or the other what's the name of the business as long as the product quality meets my needs and expectations (however high/low they may be). But in interest of keeping the thread going, I'm gonna troll a bit...  ::)

GrindCustoms? Mouser? Rullywow Industries? 1776? BeeJive? BlackHorse? Heck, MadBean?!?

How do any of these in any way relate to electron flow over pn junctions? To drilling aluminum to stuff some PCBs in there? To music in any way, shape or form? Obviously, none of us equates the business name with the sphere of activity of said business.
Target schmarget. If you got it, we'll smoke it!  ;D

Also, Rej, in the original "bitches" vein... don't you sell BendOver fuzzes?  ;)  ;D

GrindCustoms

Quote from: muddyfox on March 15, 2014, 10:03:25 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 15, 2014, 09:17:34 PM

I have no horse in this race, nor do I care one way or the other what's the name of the business as long as the product quality meets my needs and expectations (however high/low they may be). But in interest of keeping the thread going, I'm gonna troll a bit...  ::)

GrindCustoms? Mouser? Rullywow Industries? 1776? BeeJive? BlackHorse? Heck, MadBean?!?

How do any of these in any way relate to electron flow over pn junctions? To drilling aluminum to stuff some PCBs in there? To music in any way, shape or form? Obviously, none of us equates the business name with the sphere of activity of said business.
Target schmarget. If you got it, we'll smoke it!  ;D

Also, Rej, in the original "bitches" vein... don't you sell BendOver fuzzes?  ;)  ;D

Man! That's what i meant! Thanks for translating! lol «High Five»!  ;D

And yes, i do like bitches that BendOver or that toggles my switch ;)

Matter of fact, i once received a PM from a guy who liked my facebook page and after seeing some of our pcb project with pentagrams on them was totally bummed. Telling me that if i was a Satan supporter i should'nt make buisness and blablablabla....hahahahaha, laughed hard at that one... i'm no satanist at all.

Also, in my begining i also did a 20 unit run of 1590A SHO that i had named «Super Horny 'O»... also got messages for offensive marketing.

Gotta give that «shocker» some love once in a while.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Droogie

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 15, 2014, 10:21:33 PM

Also, in my begining i also did a 20 unit run of 1590A SHO that i had named «Super Horny 'O»... also got messages for offensive marketing.

Wait, they got offended because a "Super Hard On" was called Super Horny?!? What did they think the original meant?
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Droogie on March 15, 2014, 10:38:22 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 15, 2014, 10:21:33 PM

Wait, they got offended because a "Super Hard On" was called Super Horny?!? What did they think the original meant?

It also had a little Devil-ish pin-up on it.... DANG! I use to do waterslides! hahaha

Maybe they thought it was for, Super Hard On your amp input!

Clayford

I suppose not a single one has noticed that the guitar and bass are fairly phallic? I mean, legs spread apart, guitar up and running your hands up and down the shaft neck? There's nothing sexual about it. at all.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

mr_mwr

playing with one foot placed on the monitor in front of you is what I like to call 'One Ball Hanging'

This doesn't really pertain to the discussion at all, I just thought I'd add that.

peAk

This  guy must being doing something right, five pages of promotion.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

culturejam

This thread got me all revved up to order from The Bitches, so when a promo email came in last night, I pulled the trigger.  Lawrence now has stickers as well (for only a penny!). I grabbed some stickers so I can post them at local bars and whatnot.

The product promo copy is brillian:

QuoteYou know what bitches love? Stickers.

You know what bitches love even more than stickers?

Bitches Love My Switches Stickers.

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

TNblueshawk

This thread was a good one until someone brought up the notion that I should not be on here at work.

I am completely offended by that  ;D
John

flanagan0718

oh man, now I defiantly need to order. Stickers, just like cookies and french fries, have a soft spot in my heart!!!

jimilee

Awesome black powder coated bezels and enclosures now too!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.