News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

dummy velcro question

Started by Vallhagen, March 15, 2014, 04:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vallhagen

hi!

Im finally putting together some cheap kind of homemade pedalboard for my boxes.

When you guys apply velcro on the bottomplates of the boxes, how much velcro do you use? do you cover the whole bottomplate, or just a square inch?

Edit: 2nd question: which side of the velcro on the pedals? the soft or the sharp? it feels more "right" to put the soft part on the pedals, but i guess there is an obvious answer to this one as well:)

cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

brejna

I usually put 2 smaller pieces if using lighter pedals, and 2 bigger if pedal is heavy
Brane

DutchMF

I put on as much as possible, because I'm not a 'subtle stomper'  ;) Which side you put where depends on the application, my (factory made) pedalboard has carpet already applied, so the pedals get the 'hard' or hook side. I guess when you build a board from scratch it doesn't really matter.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Clayford

Quote from: Vallhagen on March 15, 2014, 04:17:38 AM

Edit: 2nd question: which side of the velcro on the pedals? the soft or the sharp? it feels more "right" to put the soft part on the pedals, but i guess there is an obvious answer to this one as well:)

cheers

Most pedal manufacturers send HOOK with their pedals. Like you loop feels right to me on the bottom. THere's no "right" way. Just yours.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

Vallhagen

Thanx guys.

All your replies are helpful.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

Gledison

Yeahp! I guess there is no right or wrong, both will grip together anyways! pedaltrain suggest the hook side on the pedals and the carpet on the board.
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

bcalla

Quote from: Gledison on March 15, 2014, 01:29:44 PM
Yeahp! I guess there is no right or wrong, both will grip together anyways! pedaltrain suggest the hook side on the pedals and the carpet on the board.
Might be a good idea to go with pedaltrain's suggestion because it is more common.  If you lend / borrow pedals they should work on any board.

raven174us

I've used smaller pieces of velcro on pedals with no problem. Now I switched over to 2" industrial grade velcro.
I use the softer stuff on the pedal so that when I switch pedals out the velcro won't scratch my shelf. I'm sure it doesn't really matter either way but that made enough sense to me to use it that way. 
Jason

midwayfair

I cover the baseplate.

The reason is partly that I don't know what it's going to end up on. Different boards might have the hook side in different places.

jimilee

Quote from: raven174us on March 15, 2014, 02:55:36 PM
I've used smaller pieces of velcro on pedals with no problem. Now I switched over to 2" industrial grade velcro.
I use the softer stuff on the pedal so that when I switch pedals out the velcro won't scratch my shelf. I'm sure it doesn't really matter either way but that made enough sense to me to use it that way.
This. I have some pedals with just a little Velcro and some with it covering the bottom. Don't care so much for that, it's a bitch to pull the pedal off the board.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.