News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mountainking Megalith Vero Build

Started by Hangingmonkey, March 16, 2014, 01:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangingmonkey

Heres a Mountainking Megalith pedal on vero, layout from Tagboard Effects.

The orange paint is a lot more fluorescent in real life and hence the biohazard logo.
It turned out strange in that the pain seemed to contract and peeled away from the primer coat and hence the patterned effect.  I quite like how it turned out even though it wasnt intentional.  Strange that it only happened on the front and back but not on the sides.

hoodoo

Nice one mate, very cool effect with the paint, even if it was unintentional ;)

jkokura

Yeah, that finish is awesome! I know it was a mistake, but you shouldn't say that, you should take full credit for the awesomeness of that look.

Well done!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Thomas_H

Yes sir!
I have two pedals where I accidently mixed color and clear coat of different suppliers and the paint started to crincle when the coating was applied. It took a week to dry but it is the best looking colored pedal I ever did.  ;)
DIY-PCBs and projects:

chuckbuick

Nice looking build.  Happy accidents FTW!

Jabulani Jonny

That looks sweet!  Yeah, we're gonna need you to walk step-by-step through this "accident" so we can know exactly what went "wrong".   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on March 16, 2014, 09:04:41 AM

That looks sweet!  Yeah, we're gonna need you to walk step-by-step through this "accident" so we can know exactly what went "wrong".   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it was all Holts rattlecan paints I used.  The only thing I can think of is that the can was about 2 years old and when I initially used it, it made a perfect orange paint layer, but I have no idea if acrylic paint goes 'off'.
I was planning to try that effect on another pedal in the future, so I'll try and get some video footage of the paint curdling effect- it happens quite rapidly so should be easy to see.

bcalla

Hmmm.  Why don't my mistakes look fantastic?

dondougie

That crackle looks incredible! Perfect fit for the biohazard-logo, too!

billstein

That looks great. Way to make a mistake!

lincolnic

ch1naski

I wish I could make a mistake that lovely

Curt.

one louder.

Govmnt_Lacky

Now that is a very good looking "relic'd" look!  8)

peAk

selfdestroyer

To echo the responses, the finish came out great on this. I love how brutal this pedal is and I love using it on my doom rig. Standard C tuning and volume to 11 works every time.

Cody