News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Katana Vero Build

Started by sirbergersworth, March 17, 2014, 01:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirbergersworth

Built this Katana Boost using IvIark's rev 2 layout. Works great. Had one resistor lead in wrong hole and had two shorted input jacks that gave me fits. I couldn't figure out how my input was being shorted.
I was going to use a small wedge type hammond enclose but I had this one laying around from a ross comp I built and the output jack and full size pot were to close and were shorting. I had labelled the Ross with a sharpie and so I just went at it with some sandpaper and removed the silver metallic and primer from the edges and removed all my sharpie markings. I went with the worn out look. I didn't use a pot with a switch cause I needed to fill the other hole in the enclosure.
I went with the older beat up knob in the end to match the theme. lol
Here are some pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

raven174us

That looks really good! I really dig the worn look. Kind of a classic rat rod look.
Jason

sirbergersworth

Thank you!

I forgot to mention that I used 2N5457 since I didn't have any 2N5484. I tried a J201 also but it didn't want to bias under about 14V. I wander if that's ok with an 18v supply.
I am also going to try out some other trannies I have, but these sound great.

I had severe whine/high pitched squeal with the ICL7660 I had (non "S"). I subbed in a MAX1044 and it runs nice and quiet.

Sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter