News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Granny's Klon (Sunking)

Started by haveyouseenhim, March 17, 2014, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveyouseenhim

About a month ago I was blown away when my grandma asked me to make her a klon. Finally the last parts came in the mail today. So I threw it together and snapped these pictures. I'll film a video of her playing it when I take it to her. It feels weird to spend so much time on a pedal I'm making for free. ;D

It was laser etched, but the contrast of the aluminum and the gold vein powdercoat made it impossible to read. I used a technique a gunsmith taught me. I warmed up the enclosure and rubbed a white crayon in the etch, then buffed the excess away.

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

alanp

That is very, very cool, and the lettering turned out excellently :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Stomptown

Very cool indeed. Granny's gonna be stoked!  ;D

pickdropper

That looks fantastic.

I believe they sell wax fill sticks for the exact purpose you referred to.  I haven't purchased any yet, but I will one of these days.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

selfdestroyer

Crazy attention to detail. Great work on this. I love the vein paint with the white labeling.

Cody

raven174us

That is awesome! I love the finish.
Jason

Thomas_H

Totally awesome. Really like how it turned out.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Mich P

hoodoo

And the winner.........of grandson of the year, goes to.......Good work mate, she must be a cool grandma to have, all the best, Matt.

gtr2

WOW!  Really nice work!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pryde

wolfingsworth

This turned out really nice! The lettering looks awesome with that powder coat finish. I would say the best part about the build is not only you have a granny that can play music but knows what a Klon is at that. A lot of guitarists I know aren't even hip to the Klon hype. I think you win with this one!

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jprizz

That's really cool! Do you do anything to protect the lettering afterwards?