News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

anyone deal with polida2008 on eBay?

Started by danwelsh, March 18, 2014, 12:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys, i'm looking to buy a couple v3205s from polida2008 on eBay, has anyone bought these from this seller?

flanagan0718

Can't say I have, are 3208 s the same? I have 4 of those that I just salvaged out of an MXR Carbon Copy. lmk

danwelsh

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 18, 2014, 01:04:02 PM
Can't say I have, are 3208 s the same? I have 4 of those that I just salvaged out of an MXR Carbon Copy. lmk

I'm not sure....if they are good for replacements for the 3205s, i'll buy em from you, i'd be using them for my abdx, maybe someone will chime in and let us know if they will work.

GermanCdn

Their opamps are usually okay, their delay chips are usually bogus, and their customer service is fairly poor if you have issues.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

danwelsh

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 18, 2014, 01:09:32 PM
Their opamps are usually okay, their delay chips are usually bogus, and their customer service is fairly poor if you have issues.

Thanks Curtis, i'll just get em from someone on here then.

flanagan0718

I just had a look at the build doc and they are not the same. Try looking up TreeSlayer on this forum he might have some.

kothoma

I got some MN3007 and MN3101 from them and they are fine. Took about 6 to 8 weeks to Germany.

pickdropper

I've gotten legit chips from them as well as fakes.

As has been mentioned, their customer service is lacking, so it's sort of roll the dice situation with them.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

If it's a V3205 (Cool Audio reproduction), just get them from Smallbear.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

apollo

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: danwelsh on March 18, 2014, 12:56:34 PM
Hi guys, i'm looking to buy a couple v3205s from polida2008 on eBay, has anyone bought these from this seller?

I will never buy from polida. Fake part, bad service, and they tried to bribe me for good feedback. Never again.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

chromesphere

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on March 18, 2014, 06:03:25 PM

I will never buy from polida. Fake part, bad service, and they tried to bribe me for good feedback. Never again.

A word of warning, this comes from multiple first hand experience with this seller: Do not trust them when it comes to ANY external communications.  They will try to get you to pay extra for delivery after they have made the sale and they will absolutely rip you off when it comes to refunds.  Do all your communications through paypal dispute resolution, they can not be trusted.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

pickdropper

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on March 18, 2014, 06:03:25 PM

They tried to get me to leave good feedback before they would refund my money.  After a bunch of back and forth in which I explained that it wasn't going to happen, they finally refunded my money first.
Function f(x)

chromesphere

Ok Dave you ask for it.  Here comes the story.

I recently received some dead chips from them.  I tested them didn't work.  Emailed them and said "their dead".  They wanted me to take a photo of the chips for some reason, I thought maybe to try and blame for not using ESD or something, so I did so, except i always use ESD protection when handling old chips, so that didnt work for them :D
They then asked "could you please pay $3 for shipping for the new chips, or send back the dead ones".  I laughed to myself thinking "not going to happen".  But then I thought about it.  We buy from this seller all the time, it might be worth the $3 to see if this seller is genuine or not, and then report the findings here.  So I paid the $3.  They said 'thanks but you will need to leave positive feedback before we can send the chips its important to us".  So again, I thought usually there is no way I would do this stuff, it just sounded so dodgy, but I went along with it as an experiment.  Left the feedback.  Then they said they would have to cancel the old order to make up for some of the $ or some bs like that.  Ok, went along with it.  I sent them an email "I have done everything you have asked will you send the chips now?" they said they sent them.  That was about 2-3 weeks ago, I don't expect to see anything from them but I was going to give them 4 weeks just to be sure.  But we all know, there will be no chips.

So, I invested $3 to get that information.  So its pretty safe to say THEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED.  From this one post they will lose more the $3.  What a crappy way to do business with people. 
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

pickdropper

Yeah, clearly not trustworthy.

I actually sent back a bad chip to get a refund.  I am amazed that they acknowledged receipt.
Function f(x)