Keep them in a corner of the closet
9 (26.5%)
Give them away
3 (8.8%)
Sell them
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

zenless

I've had 3 good builds so far, another five boards or so waiting for use. And i want to buy more.. But what do i do with them when done? I enjoy the building, but how many can I really use?

gtr2

Build everything  ;D  Sell the ones that sit on the shelf to long  8)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

peAk

I am just building them because I enjoy it and hopefully my son will play when he gets older and I can hand them down to him.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Cortexturizer

I tend to build way too many fuzzess and those I sell to friends who have trust in me an my abilities although I'd love to keep everything, but occasionally I get GASsy about something so I need the money.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Tremster

Just this week I went through all my builds and put a dozen up for sale in the local classifieds, just because I play those the least.
The others I hardly play more.
And a handful I play regularly.
So, wait for them to gather dust, then sell them, and think about quitting all the time.

micromegas

When I build to order there's no problem, I keep thinking during all the process that the pedal is not going to be mine.

The problem is when I build a pedal and then realize is redundant to other or that I do not like it that much. In this case I find it very hard to part with it
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

midwayfair

All of the above.

Usually I only sell stuff I made for me if I have multiples of that circuit lying around or if I really just don't think I'll ever use it. Everything else I sell is custom work, often one-ofs.

I keep a lot of stuff in the event I know it's the right sound for a recording, but realistically I can get almost every effect I could want out of my pedalboard and maybe three or four other pedals (filter stuff, mostly), so if I were only keeping things I'd actually use I'd probably have no more than 10 pedals in the house.

selfdestroyer

I build for myself and I have a really hard time parting with pedals. Most of the time I rather they sit unused than not having them anymore. I am learning to let go... but its hard.

Cody

juansolo

Build them, keep most, store lots that keep getting re-discovered down the line, I have a few go-to's though and I sell some when they get superseded.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GermanCdn

Keep them all, look at them lovingly, inevitably trip over them on the floor of the man cave.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

icecycle66

I do all that.
They stay in  a pile on the floor until they start getting in the way.  Then I'll give one or two to some friends, then try to sell the rest. 

If I can't sell them, then I salvage them.

Droogie

I keep most, but am at a distinct limit for space, so I eventually give away some older builds on vero to guys at work or at a studio I work with a lot. I've also taken to cramming as many boards as possible into each box (especially dirt circuits) just to save some storage real estate —and it's a fun challenge! I'm not really set up to decorate much so the option of selling is a bit limited.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

pryde

All the above.

I would say at this point I build mostly for others as I have grown kind of picky about what I like and would build for myself. When I started I built everything I put my eyes on and sold off a lot of those for cheap as they were dust collectors.

I do hate the feeling of selling a pedal and realizing you really miss it and then have to build another. The RAH comes to mind for me.

LaceSensor

Build to try, decide if like, sell if not
Build with the intention of selling
Hoard Hoard Hoard